Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Not sure if this has been mentioned or anyone knows more

Just reading on the Apple site that if you upgrade to Lion then your MobileMe syncing is gone as Lion has no links to MobileMe syncing, it will only sync with iCloud when available

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Thank you for the information. Can you link to where you read that please? If that is the case I will definitely be putting off my Lion upgrade.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
There is NO problem. Apple is not so stupid as to leave anyone out in the cold.

I'm using MobileMe and it's going to be up and running for an entire year. That means there will be months of overlap where you will have access to both mobileme and iCloud.

The concept is to move your data out of MobileMe and into iCloud. If iCloud is not able to support a particular function you are currently using then it's up to you to come up with an alternative.

It seems to me that it's far too soon to worry about it. After all it was just announced, it's not finished yet, and anything that they have overlooked is likely to be added in the final days before it's launched.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
UK
There is NO problem. Apple is not so stupid as to leave anyone out in the cold.

I'm using MobileMe and it's going to be up and running for an entire year. That means there will be months of overlap where you will have access to both mobileme and iCloud.

The concept is to move your data out of MobileMe and into iCloud. If iCloud is not able to support a particular function you are currently using then it's up to you to come up with an alternative.

It seems to me that it's far too soon to worry about it. After all it was just announced, it's not finished yet, and anything that they have overlooked is likely to be added in the final days before it's launched.

nice to know it still works

I take it you are using Lion with MobileMe sync functioning as normal

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
MobileMe works in the Developer Previews of Lion, I don't think they will take this away just for the final release until iCloud is ready and is fully equipped to meet the needs of its users.

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I have upgraded my MBA to Lion and now there's trouble sending/forwarding emails in MobileMe. Receiving email is fine. Any advice? SMTP password? I went into utilities, disk utilities, verify permissions, repair permissions > still not working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.