Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarlenschneider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
I'm trying to upload a specific album in Photos to Flickr. I thought this was possible but I can't figure out how. Any suggestions?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
You use the Share option:

Select and view the album you wish to upload.
Click the Share icon in the upper right (next to the Search box)
Select Flickr

If Flickr is not listed, click More... in the Share menu, and enable Flickr

Jarlenschneider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
You use the Share option:

Select and view the album you wish to upload.
Click the Share icon in the upper right (next to the Search box)
Select Flickr

If Flickr is not listed, click More... in the Share menu, and enable Flickr

When I press more it takes me to the systems preferences where I can select which extensions appear. Flickr is checked so I don't understand why it doesn't give me the option to upload

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
When I press more it takes me to the systems preferences where I can select which extensions appear. Flickr is checked so I don't understand why it doesn't give me the option to upload
So, Flickr is selected in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu but it does not appear in the Share drop-down menu? Do the other options checked-off there appear in the Photos Share menu? If you check/un-check other options do those appear/disappear from the Share menu?

Have you tried quitting/restarting Photos and/or restarting the computer?

Jarlenschneider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
In the Photos Share menu the only option shown are Airdrop and Cloud sharing.

Flickr does seem to be set up in System Prefs>Internet Accounts.

I notice that checking extensions on and off does impact Safari just not Photos, which seems like an important clue.

Thanks for the help so far.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008

I notice that checking extensions on and off does impact Safari just not Photos, which seems like an important clue.

Odd; this is what shows up in my System Prefs:

Attachments

• Voila_Capture 2016-02-14_02-58-19_PM.png
    Voila_Capture 2016-02-14_02-58-19_PM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 99

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts

It's not necessary to be signed into an Internet Account in order to have that service listed in the Share menu. If you happen to not be signed in and you select that item, you'll be prompted to sign in.

Sorry, but the fact that the item appears in the Safari share menu as well as Photos is not an important clue. The Share menu is an operating system-wide feature, like Copy and Paste. That's why the Share menu preferences appear in System Preferences, rather than Photos Preferences, or Safari Preferences.

Most likely, a plist file (properties list) associated with the Share menu needs to refreshed. Since I'm only guessing, and I don't know what plist(s) may be associated with Share, I'd rather not say more.

Jarlenschneider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
ApfelKuchen,

My post could have been more specific. I tested and confirmed that Sharing extensions work in Safari. So if I click Facebook in the sharing extensions then it appears in Sharing menu in Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.