Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hello Everyone,

I need to get a WMA file into one an iMovie. iMovie can only import quicktimes (???). I looked around on the web for WMA to MOV converters and there are some, but they all cost $30.

Is there anyway to convert WMAs to MOVs? (any freeware).

~EJBasile

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
You could give ffmpeg a try--it'll convert just about anything to just about anything else, and it's fully functional shareware so you can try without paying. There are also, if you do a search for "WMA", at least three other tools that claim to convert WMA to other formats, all of them probably based on ffmpeg but since they're more special-purpose probably easier to use.

Other than that, the only option I'm aware of is Flip4Mac's tools, and though they work perfectly as you said they cost money (in fact, for the full version that can export it's a lot more than $30, I think).

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
EJBasile said:
Hello Everyone,

I need to get a WMA file into one an iMovie. iMovie can only import quicktimes (???). I looked around on the web for WMA to MOV converters and there are some, but they all cost $30.

Is there anyway to convert WMAs to MOVs? (any freeware).

~EJBasile
http://www.easywma.com/
converts to mp3 sinc wma is audio not video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.