Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
Has anyone noticed slightly different heights between different Apple USB-C cables? The one on the right is the charger that came with the MacBook Pro. The other is a lightning to USB-C cable.

My OCD is kicking in. Do you think all the lightning to USB are like that or should I replace it?

Attachments

• IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
That is how they are. The USB-C to Lightning cable has thicker housing because it has a lot of circuitry inside to support fast charging on the 12.9" iPad Pro, amongst other things. So no cause for concern here.

DanielDD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Portugal
That is how they are. The USB-C to Lightning cable has thicker housing because it has a lot of circuitry inside to support fast charging on the 12.9" iPad Pro, amongst other things. So no cause for concern here.

The USC-C charger for the MacBook Pro is thicker than the lightning to USB. But that may explain why the height is different because the USC-C charger needs to withstand more voltage for the laptop than lightning devices. Regardless, I would like for Apple to make them all the same height.
I just can't stand looking at the cables now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.