Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturdaynightweaver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
I have a 2016 MacBook Pro 13" purchased last December and I am now finding that the USB C ports seem to be getting a little larger sometimes when I touch a cable to say an external hard drive I will get a message that the drive was unplugged without ejecting properly. I have tried different cables but it happens with all. I have a Hyper Drive Hub which connects to the 2 ports on the left hand side and that is also now unstable because the connections seem loose. Anyone else having this problem?

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I have a 2016 MacBook Pro 13" purchased last December and I am now finding that the USB C ports seem to be getting a little larger sometimes when I touch a cable to say an external hard drive I will get a message that the drive was unplugged without ejecting properly. I have tried different cables but it happens with all. I have a Hyper Drive Hub which connects to the 2 ports on the left hand side and that is also now unstable because the connections seem loose. Anyone else having this problem?

Mine got loose but not to a point that cables fall out. So far so good. A lot of people report that USB-C ports get loose over time, however, they are also very resilient according to most reports.

Ameru

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2017
Since you are still under warranty why don't you take it to an apple store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.