Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chilipie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Englandshire
I've been messing around in Garageband, trying to record some acoustic guitar, but the built-in mic on my iMac is obviously fairly crap for this kind of thing. I've got a Logitech USB headset, and so planned on using that, but I can't get it work - although the sound outputs fine, the mic doesn't seem to work.

I've looked at system and Garageband audio prefs, and set input and output in both to the headset, but no luck. I know the mic works, as I used it about half an hour ago whilst booted into Windows for gaming.

Any ideas?

Viewtiful Rich

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2005
I have the CO1U USB microphone... and I recently noticed that it wasn't working very well. Anything recorded in Garageband was very low, and the mic's applet wasn't working either. Well after reading this I went back and tried figuring it out again... and I found that if I keep Input under Sound Preferences open the applet works and the mic works fine again (well as good as it used to, I don't really like the mic).

Maybe that'll work for you too?

I don't think I had this problem until 10.4.9.... but I can't be sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.