Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I just got a 4-button mouse to use with my PowerBook since I am selling my Mighty Mouse, and the software that comes with the mouse is terrible. Long story short, I'm using USB Overdrive (which I should've done right off the bat seeing as how I've had it forever).

Anyways, I want to set the 4th button to activate Expose - Show All Windows. The problem is, when I set that button to Keystroke, I can't program it to F9 because hitting F9 shows all windows.

So.. I changed the keyboard shortcut in System Preferences (which I really didn't want to have to do) to something else and program it into USB Overdrive that way. Works fine... until I restart and the shortcut is set back to default (F9).

Does anyone know how I can leave the shortcut where it is, and somehow program USB Overdrive to use the F9 keystroke for this mouse button?

If not, how can I keep OSX from changing the shortcut back to F9 after a reboot?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. :)

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I can't answer your specific question, however I thought you might want to check out Cornerclick as an alternative... which does basically what you want the mouse to do, only theres no need to assign a button for the task itself. For more info see:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12413

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Thanks. :)

I've never seen that app before. It looks pretty cool, and I'll probably grab it just to test out, but I don't think it's going to work for what I want it for, because I'm really looking to be able to click a mouse button and have the windows sort out, like I did with my Mighty Mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.