Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Greetings!! Recently I got a MacBook Pro 9,1 (15 inches, i7, mid-2012 etc...you can check specs online too). Now the problem is I have a Realtek 8187L USB wifi adapter and by the time I connect it to the MacBook...nothing happens...the wifi adapter is 802.11 b/g and the laptop supports 801.11a/b/g/n...I haven't been able either to obtain drivers...I'm pretty much new to Mac software and I would like to know something more about this situation. By the way...if the OS is necessary I have installed the OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3.

I would be grateful if I could get some answers to my problem.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Do you mind me asking why you want to use a USB adaptor rather than the built-in Wi-Fi?
Basically, I've learned hacking and rather than paying money for my internet, I steal my neighbors' password...so...I need a "reinforcement" which can get long distance signals.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Basically, I've learned hacking and rather than paying money for my internet, I steal my neighbors' password...so...I need a "reinforcement" which can get long distance signals.

Smooth. I don't think you'll get much help here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.