Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrEasy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Hi,

I'm about to become a new mac user, and I can't wait to play around with GB (waiting to order my iBook till Jan 16th to make sure GB is bundled...)!!!

I have a very basic newbie question, which is: will I be able to use GB as a mixer, and if not, is there any freeware that allows me to do so?

My use for the mixer would be to create my internet radio shows. One channel would be for the DJ mic, one for the external CD player, one for the internal CD/DVD drive and the other for my (legit!) MP3s. Obviously I'll need the capacity to fade from one input to the other...

Finally, I'll need to record the result as an MP3 or a RealAudio file.

Thanks a bunch!

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Originally posted by ExoticFish
man this app looks awesome! i can't wait to try it out!

bottom line: with the itunes feature (songs listed exactly how they are in itunes by artist song or playlist AND with the search function) and the app's rock solid stablity among many other things you cant beat it...

I would go as far to say that i have never used a better dj app

DrEasy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
It looks good indeed! Only problem: the free version is apparently limited to 30min productions... There had to be *some* reason to pay for the full thing I guess...

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Originally posted by DrEasy
It looks good indeed! Only problem: the free version is apparently limited to 30min productions... There had to be *some* reason to pay for the full thing I guess...

Nothing is free in this world... you gotta pay for the good stuff :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.