Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pulawman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Hey, I started ripping my True Blood disc to my hard drive. Everything ripped fine with handbrake, but when I go to put the file in my iTunes "Television" folder and try to play it just moves into the iTunes "Movie" folder.

Is there no way to keep the ripped tv shows in the "Television" folder or is it solely for purchased content?

tommylotto

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
Actually, you would be better off tagging your files in Subler as a TV show instead of making that designation in iTunes. Changing the designation in iTunes does not change the file itself and will need to be redone if you ever have to rebuild you iTunes library. In Subler, your file will be marked as a TV show which will be recognized as such by iTunes.

ThirteenXIII

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2008
as suggested, Subler or MetaX will work fine. Because sure you change the media kind in iTunes but if you sync them to an appletv or put them on an other mac or computer in itunes it will default back to Movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.