Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kurtisk6877

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Every time i go to the Eagles game i cannot send or receive SMS or MMS, I also loose 3G. The phone is basically useless from noon til 4PM on Sunday's. The person who sits next me uses a Verizon Blackberry, needless to say he can message, check scores, ect. I really love this iphone but the lack of coverage in a Major US city is really horrible. Does anyone else experience this in other cities on game day?

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I think the problem is your iphone would rather be at the giants game. Go giants

nehunte

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
That's the problem with having such a popular phone on a single network. Also, it would be nice if they'd boost the bandwith at the towers that will be used for such large events.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
This happens to me every time I go to an Orlando Magic game, or any time I go to a Gators game in Gainesville. It's pathetic... never change AT&T.

iPhoneVic

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
well

That's only the major problem. I don't have that problem at Patriot games.

But at Red Sox games I encounter the same problem. I think it's because of the high number of phones in the vicinity.

At least you won't have to worry about Red Sox games anymore this season...LOL

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
It's not a "coverage" or "reception" issue rather a capacity issue. With everyone using there iPhone at a sporting event it's bound to happen. If you need to do something turn 3G off, sort of like taking the fast route home when it's rush hour no one thinks to do it. I currently have a verizon phone, sending a text? Cold fusion man.... For the record at sporting events AT&T AND verizon do play with bandwidth and more specifically which features get priority, for example at the beginig data/SMS gets priority but at kick off they switch it to voice so yes they are working on it but bandwidth isn't infinite so why don't you put the phone away and enjoy the game :).

jmulls

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2004
New Jersey
Every time i go to the Eagles game i cannot send or receive SMS or MMS, I also loose 3G. The phone is basically useless from noon til 4PM on Sunday's. The person who sits next me uses a Verizon Blackberry, needless to say he can message, check scores, ect. I really love this iphone but the lack of coverage in a Major US city is really horrible. Does anyone else experience this in other cities on game day?

I don't have issues at Phillies games, but it was horrible in Austin when I was at the Texas vs. Texas Tech game in September. I probably should have turned off 3G as proposed by another post.

JM

grodgers

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
I don't have issues at Phillies games, but it was horrible in Austin when I was at the Texas vs. Texas Tech game in September. I probably should have turned off 3G as proposed by another post.

JM

You were rooting for TTU, right?

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I get good recepetion at the Redskins/Nationals/Wizards games....guess that's because they are all terrible. At least we have the Capitals (which I get good reception at also).

KidStallyn

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008

At University of Phoenix stadium in Phoenix.....same thing....I get within site of the stadium....I lose all data, and phone calls never get through. I have found turning 3G off helps, but data is sooo sloooow....it's almost unusable. The Cardinals offer free wi-fi....and when I can connect.....It allows me to use Google Voice for txts.

Carl G35c

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008

yea this happened to me yesterday as well. I was at the Linc and same issue. Edge while watching from the stands (watching the Eagles win!), but I got 3G while getting beers in the concession areas. I could text and call, but no MMS and I didn't even attempt to use internet. All the while my gf's dad could do everything on his Verizon BB Tour. Im almost at a breaking point

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.