Using Iphone for presentations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackytwoshoes, Nov 10, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I am working on a project where I need to use an Iphone to play source material through a projector and speakers.

i think that the 4S would be best as it has the ability to output 1080.

I'd like to create a sort of playlist where I can trigger some sound and some video in sequence. The Iphone will be embedded though- so I'd like to come up with a way of having a tiny remote button to act as a sort of mouse click for the iphone presentation, letting me play the next item of material..

So.... has anyone any tips? How would I create a playlist? How would I click through the items?

2. macrumors regular

why does it have to be embedded? could you use iphone>wireless>airplay>appletv>projector&speakers? with the iphone as your notecard/clicker?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

its a very good question, and I wish it was that simple! the reason being it's part of a performance piece. The performer doesn't want to be seen using an iphone. Ideally I could have a little hidden button or foot switch..

4. macrumors 6502a

What is the presentation material? You mention playlist. Is it Videos? Music?

I know you can use blue tooth headphones to go to next song/video.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhh, bluetooth headphones, that would work.

The playlst would be a combination of music and video. I could easily just edit the music with a black screen and make it a playlist of just video though I guess.

So if I used bluetooth headphones to flick to the next video, would I run that from itunes? when I flicked to the next video would the controls be displayed on the screen? I'm hoping for a seamless transition from one to the next.

maybe I'm asking the world..

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I don't understand...