Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
Implied where? Because they said unlimited? It was unlimited for authorized uses. Go read your contract. Acting as a home router is most definitely not an authorized use.

My contract states I am allowed to hook up my phone to laptops, tablets, consoles without restriction therefore your comments aren't valid in this scenario maybe your contract is different.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
This is what I do. I'm typing this from my phone's 3G right now. My iPhone is my wireless router.

I do have to jailbreak to unlock tethering, but my carrier never complained to me.. so...

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
My contract states I am allowed to hook up my phone to laptops, tablets, consoles without restriction therefore your comments aren't valid in this scenario maybe your contract is different.

It could be. But in general terms cellular carriers disallow certain uses. A cellular network is not designed or intended to replace a hard wired Internet connection. A cellular contract is going to allow the carrier certain latitude to prevent abuse. And connecting a home network certainly falls in that category.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.