Using iSight in programme

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by asmith3006, Feb 9, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Hi.

I've never programmed on the mac before, I've done mainly C# stuff before.

My boss wants a program that can record video from the iSight on the iMacs we have and then automatically store the clip on a server (probably via FTP) with assosiated information.

The idea is that people can buy a product off us and then record their thoughts on the product using the iSight and the product code would be stored along with the video.

Can anyone give me a starting place with this? There's nothing like jumping in at the deep end!

Thanks for any and all help

Andrew.

2. macrumors 68020

bobber205

3. thread starter macrumors member

very helpful. thanks. why didn't I think of that.

4. Retired

psychofreak

Maybe he copied the wrong link by accident. There is no need to be sarcastic before asking what he meant...

5. macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Yes, in fact, there is a command for quicktime to display what your iSight is seeing.

I believe this is the correct link.

6. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

That is, as far as I know, display only.

I'm not sure exactly what you want, asmith3006. Sorry! Do you want an app to run in your store/business, or one which customers take home with them?

There are numerous apps which record video already, including QuickTime Pro and EvoCam. Would you be willing to describe more what it is that you're trying to do?

7. thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for my somewhat over the top reply previously :S I'd had a bad day which is a feeble excuse for being rude, sorry about that.

This program is to run on an iMac in such a way that users cannot exit the program. It will only be put onto macs that we set up.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look into them now.

Andrew,

8. macrumors 68020

aricher

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but Boinx software makes a great program called iVeZeen.