Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2006
I am really considering buying the MBP and using it as a desktop replacement, so it will be my main and only computer. But I just thought of a problem. The resolution of my 19" VeiwSonic will not be the same as my MBP. I am trying out this monitor with a 12" iBook with a resolution of 1024 x 768, and it is horrible! Everything is just soo big and blurry. Will I experience this also with the MBP, and is there a way to make the resolution fit my monitor?

kevin.rivers

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2005
I am guessing the native on the 19" is 1280x1024. The MBP will output that without a problem. Don't fret.

You can also get an app for the ibook... called... Screen Spanning Doctor http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15401

The graphics in the iBook(I am assuming the G4 so the Radeon 9550) is more than capable of outputting 1280x1024. This app makes it possible.

Good luck!

Max res for the MBP is 2560 by 1600. It also supposts Dual Link DVI. So if you ever wanted to get a 30" display. You could do that and hook it up to the MacBook Pro.

zorg said:
I am really considering buying the MBP and using it as a desktop replacement, so it will be my main and only computer. But I just thought of a problem. The resolution of my 19" VeiwSonic will not be the same as my MBP. I am trying out this monitor with a 12" iBook with a resolution of 1024 x 768, and it is horrible! Everything is just soo big and blurry. Will I experience this also with the MBP, and is there a way to make the resolution fit my monitor?

zorg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Heh, this baby is old. Its a G3. And thank you for putting my fears to rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.