Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznatari

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
Are you someone who doesn't like using the traditional 1-button mouse on that apple mouse that came with ur system? Post your replies and why you decided to stay with it. i traditionally don't personnally like that one button mouse, but many others may think otherwise.

Just drop in you reply and tell which mice you use.

atari

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
A one button mouse with no scroller just doesnt cut... especially with OSX. I use a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

spinner

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2002
South Dakota
StudioMouse

Has anyone seen or used the new StudioMouse from Kensington? It is the one that has the mini track pad instead of a scroll wheel. I am thinking about getting one but wanted to hear some feed back first.

awrc

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
I'm very attached to my Microsoft Trackball Optical - say what you will about their software, but Microsoft's keyboards/mice/trackballs etc are good. It was recognized and worked perfectly the minute I decided that the Pro Mouse was pretty and sleek and comfortable but basically annoying and replaced it.

On top of that, the Intellipoint software lets me program the various extra buttons on a global basis, or on a per-application basis. The combination of this and my Griffin Powermate is very nice indeed.

If the trackball has a problem, it's a tendency to accumulate Mouse Crud (tm) far more quickly than a mouse does, since your thumb is in contact with the ball most of the time. Even the "no moving parts" Pro Mouse isn't free from Mouse Crud (tm), that clear plastic really shows where your hand rubs against it.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Once I started using the Mac all the time the optical pro mouse started to drive me mad, for 3 reasons...

1. VERY uncomfortable
2. No scrool wheel
3. 1 button only

So, I bought a Logitec MouseMan Dual Optical which is great!
I can't believe that Apple charge £49 for that horrible mouse!

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i'm thinking my ms intellipoint optical mouse would be perfect, i tried out some macs the other day with just a one button mouse, and didnt like it, but there was a computer or 2 with 2 button mice and it felt alot better...one of them was a ms mouse lookalike...
apple needs to make their mice comfortable for both hands, 2 buttons, and a scroll wheel

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Well they aren't really PC mice since they are made to be mac compatible.

I use a Logitech 2-Button Wireless Optical w/scroll wheel

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by awrc
say what you will about their software, but Microsoft's keyboards/mice/trackballs etc are good.
I second that. I have a Microsoft Office Keyboard that I use with my iBook and it is a great alternative to the Pro Keyboard. Not only does it have shortcut buttons and a scroll wheel, it also cost only about $35. For a mouse, I use a Logitech MouseMan Wheel that I bought about 2 years ago. Works perfectly in 10.2.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
As smoothly as the Pro mouse works, I don't want to reach for the control key to get a menu.

I use a Logitech Trackman Marble on one machine and a Kensington USB/PS2 scroll mouse on the other with single button mousies on the older machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.