Using two iPods with the same library

Discussion in 'iPod' started by luckylisp, May 13, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

I have an iPod 30gb video and want to buy a Nano to exercise/run with. What's the best/easiest way to use two iPods on iTunes? I'm using Windows XP, iTunes 8. If I hook up my nano, will it screw up my library?

I'm using my iPod video to manually sync, can I set up the nano for use manually with playlists in the same library or no? Do I need to use both iPods manually now? I'm confused as to the best way to do this. What does everyone else do that uses two iPods?

2. macrumors Core

I have 2 Shuffles, an iPhone and an iPod touch (soon to be joined by a classic) all using the same library.
    They are each sync'd to different playlists.

3. macrumors 603

swiftaw

I sync 4 different iPods with my library. Each iPod syncs with a different selection of playlists.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. So you both have them set to be used manually then rather then auto sync I assume, correct?

So to keep my entire library on my iPod video as it is now (it won't all fit on the nano) I would have to create a playlist for all my music and then sync it that way, yes?

5. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Nah, you don't have to do that. Just set up each iPod to sync different playlists.

Like method two here: How to use multiple iPods with one computer

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah interesting, thank you very much for the link!