Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCoaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey guys,

I'm looking for iPod cases and won't give in for cheap ones. I've been looking around for high quality cases. I liked the evo2 but wanted the same thing in leather. Couldn't find any until I tumbled upon vajacases.com. Their cases look HOT, but require 30 days to manufacture (questionable?) and are a bit on the expensive side (not that I mind).

I just want to know if vajacases are reputable.

Or do you guys have any other iPod case suggestions which are similar to what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
My cousin has a vaja case and the thing is awesome. He's had it for probably about a month or so and loves it. If the money's not a problem like you said it's not then I would get one of those.

MacCoaster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Josh396 said:
My cousin has a vaja case and the thing is awesome. He's had it for probably about a month or so and loves it. If the money's not a problem like you said it's not then I would get one of those.
Could you ask him how it went with the ordering process/waiting. Is the company very reputable? Stuff like that. Thanks.

~Shard~ said:
You can find...
Thanks. I'll have to read 'em.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
MacCoaster said:
Could you ask him how it went with the ordering process/waiting. Is the company very reputable? Stuff like that. Thanks.
The quality is amazing. I've held it myself and became very tempted to buy one even though I don't really need a case. As for the waiting process it was roughly a month as mentioned above. Like I said before if I was going to get a case I would get a vaja. I love that they leave the port on the bottom open so you could still plug in an FM transmitter as well as the headphones. Another thing is the cover for the click wheel. My cousin didn't get it on it so I can't saw how it would be but I like the idea of a cover for it. I think the best part of the case is how perfect a fit it was.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
My iSkin eVo (for 3G) is pretty nice, with only two complaints:

* Aperture for dock connector is too narrow. Road trip? Leave the case at home, sacrificing the added durability for the iPod that it gives, so the Belkin car kit fits.

* Silicone collects dust and dog hair very rapidly and is tough to clean. This is where a leather case would be nice.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I've had my Vaja case for about a month now and I absolutely love it. True it's on the pricier side but it's money that is well spent. I bought it without the wheel protector and without the clip attachment. It's not bulky at all. My only complaint about the case is that it doesn't fit into my Bose sound dock or my Monster FM transmitter (but that really doesn't matter since it's easy to slide the case off)

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
The best Marware case is the sportsuit convertible. The cover is held on by velcro and hold your headphones when not being used. So you can have it open or closed. What I like the most are the attachments for everything which all work with the clip.

The products are all pretty interchangable though. I like the styling of Vaja cases, it's original.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Xtremehkr said:
The best Marware case is the sportsuit convertible. The cover is held on by velcro and hold your headphones when not being used. So you can have it open or closed. What I like the most are the attachments for everything which all work with the clip.

This is the exact case that I have as well. After doing a ton of research, this was the one I found to suit my needs best, and I have no regrets and no complaints whatsoever.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
~Shard~ said:
This is the exact case that I have as well. After doing a ton of research, this was the one I found to suit my needs best, and I have no regrets and no complaints whatsoever.

My only gripe was the car mounting attachment, but that seems to be a universal problem. The velcro never sticks and I don't want to put a screw into my dashboard.

I improvised a solution using the screw and a clip from one of those air freshener things that clip to the AC vents though, that works pretty well. Haven't had any problems with the cool air yet.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
vaja has been around for many, many years and is a reputable company. pricey, but reputable.
if you want more info on vaja check out the-gadgeteer.com and look at their case reviews, they usually do a vaja review for almost every major pda-type device they review.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Xtremehkr said:
My only gripe was the car mounting attachment, but that seems to be a universal problem. The velcro never sticks and I don't want to put a screw into my dashboard.

I improvised a solution using the screw and a clip from one of those air freshener things that clip to the AC vents though, that works pretty well. Haven't had any problems with the cool air yet.

Ah, I see. I don't actually need to car kit for it, and never used it, so I never ran into this problem. But it's good to make this known for anyone else who might be considering purchasing the case.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MacCoaster said:
Thanks all! I just needed to hear some good words about them before splurging so much for a quality case.

Just made my decision. It's going to be a vaja case, the iVod photo.

Good choice my friend, glad we could be of help!

Rocketgirl

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
The worse customer service ever -- I purchased the Evolution Ipad case . ?Sent several emails for status of order with no reply whatsover. The box arrived late in a damaged plastic envelope. The case was loose inside a decorative cardboard that was too big for it and there was no tissue or filler to protect the case. The Ipad case was dirty and the Vaja metal logo was dull and dirty. Nothing special about the leather - not even a nice smell. I feel like I got a 2nd hand case. After several emails unanswered I finally got an email - no apologies, just wanted pictures of the package. Never heard from them since. Wanted to return the case for refund but figured it would take forever to get my money back. DO NOT BUY FROM JAVA. THEIR PRICES ARE EXHORBITANT FOR SUCH A POOR SERVICE AND A NOT SO GREAT PRODUCT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.