Vassar Clements Dies at 77

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mactastic, Aug 19, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sadly one of the great bluegrass fiddlers of all time has fiddled his last here on earth. The devil better watch out, cause this guy would straight out-fiddle him given the chance.

Link'd
    Definitely one of those people I wish I'd gotten a chance to see live. I have several albums with Vassar on them, but sadly I never saw him perform. Buy could he make those fiddle strings burn though...

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

That sucks. He was an inspiration to a lot of the people I listen to today.

I'll have to throw on my copy of 'Old and In The Way' tonight.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Since he played Blue Grass, I'm sure that Don Imus knows him. Very sorry for your loss of him also. My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. :(

4. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Summers fade, and roses die.

Can't wait to listen to him and Jerry jamin' psychedelic country music, when go to where they are. I wonder if god trades tapes? <-- insert deity of choice here. I have several Old and in the way concerts, I would be more than happy to spin a copy for anyone who would like to honor this great musician, by listning to what he did best in life, playin' live concerts. Just shoot me a pm or email.

PS, I make this offer knowing that no one will take me up on it, you guys never do. But I offer it anyway, because to me, music is a gift from above, ment to be shaired freely. And giving music makes me happy. :)

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Lately my interest in bluegrass has been seriously waxing and I just discovered Vassar, I'm very sorry to hear about his passing. :(