Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fh2level

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
ATL
I was trying to use BootCamp but during partitioning it said there was an error veryfing the disk and to use disk utility to fix it.

So I did, clicked verify disk in disk utility and this is the report i get:

"Volume Header needs minor repair
The volume Macintosh HD needs to be repaired.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
Volume needs repair"

So then I click Repair permissions, it goes through, no erros, Try everything again but still get the same errors :( :( :(

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
fh2level said:
The "Repair Disk" button is not clickable only the other three

Ah, that's because you can't repair the boot drive. Try booting from another drive, such as the OS X Install disc. You should then be able to repair that drive.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Put CD in drive
Restart computer and press and hold C before you hear the chime
OS X installer loads, choose English, then click utilities->Disk utility
Repair the drive

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Here's another one, if you can't find the CD's try booting with CMD+S into single user mode and typing in fsck -fy to repair your volumes as well

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
slooksterPSV said:
Here's another one, if you can't find the CD's try booting with CMD+S into single user mode and typing in fsck -fy to repair your volumes as well

I belive booting into safe mode will also fsck you aswell, takes a while tho....

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
funkychunkz said:
I belive booting into safe mode will also fsck you aswell, takes a while tho....
Actually Safe Mode, if I'm correct, does not, it just loads the minimal amount of devices you need to run/repair/diagnos OS X. I could be wrong though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.