Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
ATT got version 18.1 a month or 2 back. Supposedly solve some issues. There is another thread here about that one. Here is a bit of info regarding carrier updates. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

And from Verizon.
Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS Settings, features such as tethering and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device.

Insitemobile

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
For you who still don't know. The update was for iPhone users. Letting us finally use the data connection while in a call.

I still have iphone on AT&T too just because of that Stone Age Verizon fault. Now it's finally worth using iPhone on Verizon...

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

Insitemobile

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
I hear you, but I've been anxiously awaiting the feature since it's supposed "roll out". It didn't show up on my iPhone 6plus until this morning with the update.

I guess Rollout means we here in NC get it 5 months later. Just like everybody else got the updates last week...

Killchain

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
Albuquerque,NM
I just got the update now, from Verizon IP6. Reading this thread has got me wondering, If I was paying for a service without having it.

Insitemobile

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
I am a CTO who uses and tests 5 iPhones, Galaxy and HTC devices everyday on AT&T and Verizon.

I am perfectly sure the functionality showed up this morning and I've complained about it to Verizon twice in the last 5 weeks.

Slightly satisfied it's here now in our area...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.