Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Same here 10/12 pushed back to 10/19

I expect to cancel by the end of the week.

Verizon is the only service that works in my area or I would switch.

I just did a anonymous quote from by buyer and it was $75 less per phone for a total of $150. The old quote added a 15% bonus. That offer expires next week.

So I guess I will keep my phones.

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Ugh, I hate credit transactions to my debit card/bank account... have to wait until the morning to see what they are as they just show "pending". I guess it could be a hold/pre-auth, but the point is, I have a random 56.60 I can't remember today and hoping it's VZN. lol.

It probably isn't... it's probably my wife getting gas or something, but it's killing me.

Last edited:

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
At 6:13PM Verizon finally broke from the 10/12 ship date promise and sent an e-mail saying it'd now be 10/19 instead. It's pretty ****** service, really. I understand supply issues, but after work hours on the promised ship date is a bit late to be sending an update.

I may wind up switching carriers. I honestly don't care when the phone ships, but they are holding the iPad that I ordered at the same time hostage and that's something they can control.

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Well they don't send it out via work hours since its sent bulk. They most likely setup a bulk mailer, and hit send at some point during the day. I got mine, for example, at 4pm my time.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Has anyone who was promised a 10/12 ship date succeed in having their phone shipped?

So far it seems as though we have all got our ship date changed to 10/19

What BS that they lied and over sold their inventory.

pffulton

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
hopefully this same stupid cycle won't repeat itself next monday! I can handle waiting another week, but I could've spared myself the endless logins and balance checks today if we had been notified sooner

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Has anyone who was promised a 10/12 ship date succeed in having their phone shipped?

Many people had shipments on Friday.

They didn't lie. They clearly say estimated. It's based on estimated stock received from Apple. If stock doesn't come in they get changed.

Reactions: ZomBee

PrimeMN

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
What's funny is their website isn't updated at all for order status for me. Still says expected to ship 10/12

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008

They didn't lie. They clearly say estimated. It's based on estimated stock received from Apple. If stock doesn't come in they get changed.

You seem to be the apologist.

If stock doesn't come, they know before COB the "estimated" shipping day. There is no way they don't know until the day they expect to hand it to a carrier. It's as if they have boxes with "surprise" written on the side showing up on the dock.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca

I'm glad I drove 45 mins to get mine from BB as I would have been on this emotional roller coaster too

Now the question is when will the phones ship and why is seems to be a Verizon issue first and other carriers are following the same pattern?? I know they rely on Apple projections of stock availability but they are all missing deadlines now

Side note I was in the Apple Store today and they had almost every configuration available

Last edited:

PolaBear

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2015

My 64gb gold 6s+ with a date of 10/12 was shipped on Sunday? Which was weird but it should be here by Wednesday. My other 64gb gold 6s+ with a 11/2 date card charged today, but no shipping info. There has been many people with 10/12 dates has been shipped out. It only seems that the SG and Silver ones are getting delayed.

CassandraLee425

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2015
St. Louis
My 64gb gold 6s+ with a date of 10/12 was shipped on Sunday? Which was weird but it should be here by Wednesday. My other 64gb gold 6s+ with a 11/2 date card charged today, but no shipping info. There has been many people with 10/12 dates has been shipped out. It only seems that the SG and Silver ones are getting delayed.
What was your order date for the Gold?

Turbosnv8s

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
Still depends on the configuration ordered. I ordered 9/26 SG 64g. Like everyone else was scheduled for by the 12th and pushed to the 19th now. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see some movement before that. However is anyone considering canceling and going with a sim free version since they are plentiful?

Last edited:

Akex9

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Ordered 9/19, two 64 6s+'s, grey/silver, card charged last night, delivery date changed from 10/12 to 10/14. Says sent to warehouse for shipment. No tracking or email yet.

SamJD

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
Seems like many received shipments ahead of scheduled ship by, which is supposedly a deadline of sorts. With that said, we're still sitting in the can ship any day realm AS LONG AS Verizon doesn't pull a same day date pushback again.

rcjr

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
Seems like many received shipments ahead of scheduled ship by, which is supposedly a deadline of sorts. With that said, we're still sitting in the can ship any day realm AS LONG AS Verizon doesn't pull a same day date pushback again.

This was something I even inquired about to the rep when I called yesterday. I asked if there was any sort of guarantee that the 19th would indeed serve as a definitive ship date, especially where nothing was communicated to subscribers even on the DAY OF original shipping (or, at the very least, far later into the day for the vast majority). While I'm certain there are no guarantees, the person I spoke with seemed to feel confident that things should progress smoothly going forward. I cannot help but to remain skeptical, as I had been checking in quite frequently and was assured several times over that there were no hiccups whatsoever. I suppose I'll believe it more once I see it.

From what I understand of 6 Plus pre orders last year, this trend has repeated itself in the sense that those given a 10/12 shipping date were pushed back to the 19th. Womp womp.

flyzippio

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
Still sitting here... ordered a RG 6s+ 64 GB & A SG 6s+ 128 GB on 9/13. Today is my orderaversary. Shipment scheduled for 10/26. 6 weeks to get a phone. Crazy crazy crazy.

nick2632

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2015
9/12 Order, SG 6s Plus 64GB.

Was told by multiple reps yesterday that it should have shipped out yesterday....no shipping update, no email, no credit card charges. Losing my patience.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008

They most certainly did lie. We cannot prove that no one who was promised 10/12 received their phone. However no one has posted on this site that their 10/12 phone shipped.

They most certainly did lie. I asked my representatives several times if that date was very firm. I was assured it was. Nothing in life is certain. However I was assured that that date should work. In fact they said most of the time the phones shipped earlier.

Verizon oversold the phones! I expect the 10/19 date to be is worthless. I really want to keep my order. But I will have to cancel it because I cannot eat $150 I'm losing from the buyer of my phones.

Verizon did lie.

Geensey

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015
Still sitting here... ordered a RG 6s+ 64 GB & A SG 6s+ 128 GB on 9/13. Today is my orderaversary. Shipment scheduled for 10/26. 6 weeks to get a phone. Crazy crazy crazy.
That's really crazy. I'm not feeling optimistic about my 11/2 ship date now. If I don't have an update by Friday I'm cancelling my order and going to the Apple store. They've had the 64GB Rose Gold 6s plus for Verizon in stock.

Reactions: flyzippio

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
They most certainly did lie. We cannot prove that no one who was promised 10/12 received their phone. However no one has posted on this site that their 10/12 phone shipped.

No, because Expected/Estimated ship dates aren't "firm". A rep could have told you the wrong thing, which trust me... I've worked in that industry and there is always disconnects, but what I'm simply saying is that the Expected/Estimated ship date, by just the verbiage alone, means it's not "firm". A rep is probably telling you "what they heard" but that doesn't mean the site/company official stance lied. That's just poor CS and people probably tired of answering the same question 100x a day.

Now... I'm not making excuses for them, because like everyone else waiting I'm waiting too... but I'm simply saying that there's a difference between "Ships on" and "Estimated" or "Expected". Those are soft dates, and can change. Also a difference between the company official "in writing" information and what a person says. If I'm going to be mad, I'm going to direct it with the right information. As for oversold... who knows. I don't know the algorithm they use for official expected stock with probably % cancellations and other random stuff in there to determine future ship dates. I'm sure they have expected stock from Apple, and that can vary based on yield, but I really can't go there because I would just be taking some guesses.

I'm just as mad and anxious as the rest... but I have more of an issue for Apple, having had MAJOR demand on every new release, not taking proper stock precautions. Verizon I'm annoyed at how they don't update if the date changes promptly, but "expected" allows them some flexibility.

I was talking to a friend who used to work at VZN, for quite a few launches, kids are in Girl Scouts together... he only left about 6 months ago, and he said something interesting. He was saying after a few launches, most notably the 6 series last year, he was talking to some people in the supply chain wondering how they always have such shortages with Apple products. Apparently they told him that Apple has agreements that they can only ship so many units at a time which is why the dates always are all over. Initial vs Post launch demand fluctuates what ships after the initial release (since one may drop, others may rise, some may stay steady) but they have some hard locks per Apple's mandate on what they can be shipping. I don't know if it's true, but it's curious and sort of jives with what you see for a bit post launch. It's always creating market demand.

Honestly, I'm over the stressing about getting my phone. I'll still stalk the HELL out things because I'm completely OCD like that, but right now I just have come to terms that it's going to be a bit and I have to be okay with that. lol. Otherwise I'll be stalking local stuff.

OH, and somewhere above someone asked me about the Best Buy Add a Line thing. I think it's just that store. I did stock checks over the weekend, and that ONE store has a bunch of things and nobody else for 40 miles does. I have a feeling that store has reps just trying to get more money, and messing over people. It didn't make sense to me, either, that they couldn't add a line... and that would explain why nobody else, including other Best Buy's, has stock but that one has a plethora. I'm tempted to write something to corporate, but I'm too exhausted at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsRandall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.