Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
alcatholik said:
Can you post more info on what kind of modem speeds you get with Verizon and the e815, and what kind of plan you need to get to those speeds?

I'm just confused on whether I would need to get a data plan, a vCast plan, or just use my minutes and get 14.4 speed, etc.

Thanks!

I am a bad one to ask. I have a RadioShack Sales Associate plan. But if you go to some reading over at HoFo you will learn lots!.

jhujhiti

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
Ledyard, CT, USA
ChrisBrightwell said:
I have a Motorola V710 from Verizon. It has a slot for a transflash card, USB iSync connectivity (or Bluetooth, via an iSync hack) and Bluetooth functionality. It's not the smallest phone in the world, but it's got one of the best radio units I've ever used on a cell phone.

Hope this helps.

Do you have a link to this hack? I have one too, but I couldn't find anything to ungimp Bluetooth. I have to use a card reader to get my pictures off of it...

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
jhujhiti said:
Do you have a link to this hack? I have one too, but I couldn't find anything to ungimp Bluetooth. I have to use a card reader to get my pictures off of it...
It's on macosxhints.com somewhere. Only allows Address Book and iCal sync, won't let you tranfer your photos.

Sorry.

gamato

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2005
New Entry for Every Phone, Fax, Email

Everything seemed to set up very well with my E815, and I had no problems using iSync.... but I end up with a new contact for every phone, fax, and email address instead of them being under one contact. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

alcatholik

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2003
e815 address book set up

gamato said:
Everything seemed to set up very well with my E815, and I had no problems using iSync.... but I end up with a new contact for every phone, fax, and email address instead of them being under one contact. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Try setting up your e815 address book to show "Primary Contacts" instead of individual contacts. That will group all your various numbers for a given person.

Let's go to Contacts->Menu->Setup->View and select Primary Contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.