Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrauHasSpoken

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
hmmm. o well. I think i prefer 2GB etra of LTE data than Facetime over data.
will probably be a bit before it's jailbroken to have 3g unrestrictor.

and lol @ all the people who claim FT is a useless feature that "nobody" uses.

sorry nobody wants to see your mug ;)

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
ATT acts like the new share plans are better for consumers? How? Clearly, when they don't allow grandfathered plans to tether or use FT it's b/c they know they need to give consumers a reason to switch to the worse for most, more expensive share plan. It's not enough reason for me to dump unlimited -- I could not care less about tethering or FT, but for some it could be an incentive.

But the wider question is would you rather ATT just kill the "unlimited" plan altogether, because they are in their right to do that the second you get a new phone. People need to stop B*ing. LTE roll out costs $$ and ATT has to recoup that cost somewhere.

If you don't like it switch to Sprint. You'll get unlimited everything as long as you are in a major city. Or you can switch to VZW which is even more expensive on most plans than ATT.

I never had unlimited data on AT&T. I don't wish that upon people who are grandfathered in. We switched to the family share plan after carefully checking what it offered and how much the difference would be. Turns out $10 more so we went with it. I'm in a family who uses less than 1GB per month each. I use around 3GB. We get 10GB to share, unlimited anytime minutes (basically same as rollover), unlimited texting, tethering, FaceTime over cellular. Why not.

Jay10203

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
That's ok AT&T you double dipping *******s I steam pandora radio all day long everyday on my unlimited data plan

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
I contacted AT&T support just now and I asked whether having the Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone 4S would allow me to used FT over cellular. I asked this in many different ways so as to be sure to get a crystal clear understanding. No matter how I asked the question, the representative always replied in the affirmative. According to this person we will NOT need to change our plans to a mobile share plan to support FT over cellular.

If this is the case, then the AT&T comment might have been a slight misstatement, and likely meant "data plan" in general.

Single instance, so take it for what’s its worth.

-J

Just tried using FT over data on AT&T, it prompted me to contact AT&T and change my plan.

AT&T aren't the most truthful/transparent company. Neither is Verizon, but at this juncture the iPad 4 and iPad mini I preordered are both for Verizon (free FT and hotspot) and the simtray is unlocked and an AT&T sim can be inserted. End of conversation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.