Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Well I have to vent about this...

I bought Studio 8 from journeyed.com thru my school via their software store which led to me having to call and place the order anyway. Okay so far so good. That was on December 20th.
I called on December 28th to ask where my order was since I paid for overnight shipping and the girl didn't have a clue :cool: So after about 5 mins on hold she said...we are still filling orders from early last week and it should be out by Thursday night.
Fine, so today comes and no FedEX truck. I make my second call only to be told that they are out of stock and won't get any in until next week (maybe) :mad: I was somewhat calm and stated that the order number on the website said filled as well as they had Studio 8 in stock on the main site. Her reply (I really should say this when someone calls me) the website has not been updated yet...WTF, since when? Lastweek or what?
Then I asked for my shipping money to be returned to compensate since it was taking so long and their system is not very conducive to my needs or others as well. Thanks for that email saying it's on backorder...not!
This reply is just great from her, she then tells me that overnight shipping is from the time the package gets to the "airport" and then lands at the other "airport" not any time before or after :eek: (Rubbed phone on forehead) I guess she got a benifit package for life with that thinking :rolleyes: I then canceled the order and bought from another company, it should be here Thursday.

The second company was great and the sales person I talked to gave his ext. # for any future orders with a... if it's not there by the end of thursday how's 20% off even if it's a FedEX problem? Thats great I should be very happy come thursday.

So to end this rant I sent the school an email along with a letter of what happened from start to finish as well as the office at Journeyed.com. I also gave the name of the person I spoke with at the other store and how well I was treated even though the school wasn't part of the store (schools) online store.

Just a caution if any students/faculty are shopping out there as of late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.