Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Since OSX doesn't support crossfire or SLI, I have a weird question. If I had two video cards in my machine, and were using an application that takes advantage of OpenCL or CUDA, which of the two cards would do the heavy lifting?

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Since OSX doesn't support crossfire or SLI, I have a weird question. If I had two video cards in my machine, and were using an application that takes advantage of OpenCL or CUDA, which of the two cards would do the heavy lifting?

Depends on the application.

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Most applications will let you choose which one.
Other apications will just use the GPU you have your screen attached too and some applications, like in my case Octane Render, can use all GPUs in the Mac Pro.

So you need to tell us what applications your using. But you could just use google and tje tech support from the developers of the application

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
video card stuff

Most applications will let you choose which one.
Other apications will just use the GPU you have your screen attached too and some applications, like in my case Octane Render, can use all GPUs in the Mac Pro.

So you need to tell us what applications your using. But you could just use google and tje tech support from the developers of the application

The only applications I am concerned about is final cut pro X motion 5 and compressor 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.