Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dillonm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
As you can see in the video my camera is non functional. I have done a hard reset and the issue will not go away. Anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: Claussen89

dillonm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Has to be a hardware issue. Get thee to thy nearest Apple Store.
Every Apple Store near me doesn't have any appointments until Friday. I wonder if they'll help me if I walk in and show that this phone is brand new. My job requires lots of picture taking, and I can't wait three days to get this fixed.

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
I'm certain they will. Apple loves returns, and you have a very obvious issue. You could just walk in. You may have to wait, but they will probably make an effort to squeeze you in if you explain your issue is critical to your job.

Every Apple Store near me doesn't have any appointments until Friday. I wonder if they'll help me if I walk in and show that this phone is brand new. My job requires lots of picture taking, and I can't wait three days to get this fixed.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
As you can see in the video my camera is non functional. I have done a hard reset and the issue will not go away. Anyone else having this problem?

To narrow down hardware or software, try a third party app. Instagram, snapchat or something else. See if that also does it.

dillonm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
To narrow down hardware or software, try a third party app. Instagram, snapchat or something else. See if that also does it.
The camera does work when using Snapchat. That mean its software? I have restored and reset, and it still does it

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
The camera does work when using Snapchat. That mean its software? I have restored and reset, and it still does it

Correct. If the camera works and doesn't do the same stutter, it's a software glitch. You'll want to restore the phone, install iOS 10.0.1 and setup as new and see if it does it. If you've already done that, something else is going on.

dillonm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
Correct. If the camera works and doesn't do the same stutter, it's a software glitch. You'll want to restore the phone, install iOS 10.0.1 and setup as new and see if it does it. If you've already done that, something else is going on.
I tested it on Periscope, and it stutters on that app as well. Weird

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Yes, every Apple store I have visited has least one table with staff just for walk ins.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida

I tested it on Periscope, and it stutters on that app as well. Weird

I think video recording in snap chat is just a screen recording of the "camera viewer".

Dandandan65

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2016
Australia
I had this exact same problem and recently contacted Apple and confirmed they are having alot of cases of faulty telephoto lenses and because it is within 14 days of purchase you can walk into a store no appointment required with your receipt and they must replace it

dillonm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
My replacement phone is doing the EXACT same thing, and I set it up as a new phone. Do I have the worst luck ever getting two faulty phones? Or is this a software glitch only affecting some users?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.