Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Crap... Jobs looks even thinner, if that's possible.

I found it gut wrenchingly sad to watch, I genuinely did. My heart goes out to the man, he loves the company that much to come out and show face when he's clearly struggling. He doesn't know how to take a break, Apple (after his family of course) is his life.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
who's got the download link? I'm on a PC and that link above is not working after all. Usually someone finds the link burried on the Apple site and we can right click and save as.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

vjl323

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2005
Western North Carolina
I found it gut wrenchingly sad to watch, I genuinely did. My heart goes out to the man, he loves the company that much to come out and show face when he's clearly struggling. He doesn't know how to take a break, Apple (after his family of course) is his life.

Me too - I watched the MacRumorsLive coverage, and they weren't kidding - he was struggling to talk - sounds different. Looking forward to seeing his iCloud presentation though, as he apparently had more energy for that. But it is heart-breaking to see him in such a weak condition. My heart goes out to him and his family.

/vjl/

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
Video is just on the page in Safari. No way to link to it. Download it. Pause it or fast forward it.

I got through the lion part of the video, made a mistake and closed the page, and went back and the video restarted at the beginning. :mad: No way to skip all that and go back to where I left off. Would have to watch the ENTIRE thing again. WTF is that?

slimjimtx

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
MobileMe

I don't recall seeing anything about a pro rata refund for us Mobile Me subscribers. I paid the $99 in November last year, so I'd like to get back what I prepaid for the months the service will no longer exist...

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
This ruins the ecosystem how? No boxes to manufacture, no discs no put in said boxes, no need for any sort of physical shipping - thus saving fuel, resources, and time.

Does not have to be a disk, would be happy with a thumbdrive. I have no issue with making it an OPTION. To make it the only way is a massive PITA for many users.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Lion looks promising but I'm wondering how well the multitouch/mission control features will be implemented in a desktop machine. I imagine magic mouse will be compatible, but I'd love to see them demo that specifically.

Sheesh,

Just started watching the event (and, yeah, the link goes to March) and was very thankful to see that Steve wasn't dying onstage! From the live stream you would have thought that he was unable to string coherent thoughts together. That was very distressing and a very poor documentation of what actually occurred. Come on, be better than that!

Agreed. He didn't seem bothered to me.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
ordered some pizza and gonna watch this on my flat screen TV F YEA.

kinda lame they didn't make livestream.. but w/e, they make it fast accessible right after anyways.

dwman

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
San Francisco

He definitely sounds very weak. Possibly he's just drained from preparing for the keynote.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Damn,
Steve look so skinny and weak. Feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets better.

I guess being healthy is the best treasure anybody can have.

megsandbytes

macrumors member
May 1, 2011
This is fantastic, thanks for the link! So glad they posted it so promptly for us unfortunate ones who couldn't attend!!

LaDirection

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2006
He definitely sounds very weak. Possibly he's just drained from preparing for the keynote.

He did lose more weight, his legs are visibly skeletal and weak. My mother died of cancer. I don't want to be alarmist, but he looks and sounds just like her in her final months. I don't think we should expect him to be with us for christmas I'm afraid...

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Glad to see the keynote posted so quickly.
I'm making a habit of watching these keynotes on the iPad 1, and I have to say, in 10 years time, it's gonna feel retro watching them on this :)
iCloud looks very interesting, and good to see jobs, no matter what condition, it shows his passion for his company.
Great keynote

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
This ruins the ecosystem how? No boxes to manufacture, no discs no put in said boxes, no need for any sort of physical shipping - thus saving fuel, resources, and time.

Think of all those unused bits cluttering up the landfills.

That was really fast.

Why can't they say, "...so that is iOS 5. Available... Today." That would be so much more climactic. I guess they are holding it off until the iPhone 5 comes out.

They need to give developers time with the new OS to test their old software and write new software to take advantage of the new APIs.

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of a new Airport extreme but everyone can't have everything they want.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Wow. 25 million iPads. That means they've actually sold almost as many iPad 2's in the last 3 months than all iPads sold in its first 12 months. Amazing.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Loved the keynote. iCloud was everything I needed it to be.

I will say, though, the "One. More. Thing." was the worst one more thing I've ever seen.

The only thing I hope iOS will introduce, is the ability to add words to the dictionary manually.

wesrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
I can't do wireless atm so I will wait to watch this until the link is live and I can download it to my ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.