Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Sky Blue said:
applematters posted this article:
http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/did_the_new_ipod_just_get_less_compelling/

Which says only slide shows through video out...then updates to say CNN have proved you can do video out. Anybody have a link to the CNN demo?

Apple's site says you can send video out to TV using the iPod dock and iPod AV cable:

The Universal Dock makes a convenient home base for charging and syncing or for connecting iPod to your home audio system. The S-video port lets you connect iPod to a TV (via optional AV cable) to play photo slideshows and video.

I assume you can use the AV cable alone to do the same thing. In any case, it's possble to connect the iPod to a TV to play videos.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
Heres my question:

Is there anyway to do what Steve did during the keynote? He connected the iPod to a huge screen and it was displaying the iPod interface and showing in real time. Will the av cables do that?

I ask because I think this would be the coolest thing if you connected it to the navigation system of a car or any tv in a car.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
mrzeve said:
Heres my question:

Is there anyway to do what Steve did during the keynote? He connected the iPod to a huge screen and it was displaying the iPod interface and showing in real time. Will the av cables do that?

I ask because I think this would be the coolest thing if you connected it to the navigation system of a car or any tv in a car.

No, that was just a demo to help present the iPod video. What you saw onscreen was supposed to be a bit-for-bit representation of the iPod screen. So it was actually not working like the regular TV out.

I guess we have yet to see what TV output actually looks like, we'll see in the reviews.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
madmaxmedia said:
No, that was just a demo to help present the iPod video. What you saw onscreen was supposed to be a bit-for-bit representation of the iPod screen. So it was actually not working like the regular TV out.

I guess we have yet to see what TV output actually looks like, we'll see in the reviews.

Have you ever tried this with the iPod photo?

Anyone know at all? I dont wana wait :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.