Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wizwaz3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Northern Arizona
I have Toast Titanium 7 and sometimes, when I go to burn, it tells me that the Video_TS folder can't be compressed. I tried burning directly to DVD, but it wouldn't play in my player. Can someone tell me what I can or need to do? Thanks.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Video_ts is nothing more than a mpeg 2 container. If you have a video TS folder. Go into toast, select video, then dvd from video_ts folder. Drag the folder into toast and burn. Buring a regualr data dvd will not work because the format differences between movie dvds and standard data dvds.

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
I assume you used MTR. Some Video_TS folders are not burnable by Toast if you chose the Main Feature Extraction option, for some reason. Do it again with Full Disc Extraction.

vultureboy70

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2006
San Francisco
Here's the way I do it: 1. Use Mac The Ripper 2.6.6. (either full extract or main feature), 2. Use DVD2One software to shrink down (if necessary) to fit DVD-R single layer (4.37 GB), 3. Use Toast Titanium 6 or 7 to burn Video_TS & Audio_TS (Audio_TS isn't really necessary). Be sure to use "UDF" Universal Disk Format so DVD will play on your standalone DVD player.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Here's the way I do it: 1. Use Mac The Ripper 2.6.6. (either full extract or main feature), 2. Use DVD2One software to shrink down (if neccesary) to fit DVD-R single layer (4.37 GB), 3. Use Toast Titanium 6 or 7 to burn Video_TS & Audio_TS (Audio_TS isn't really neccesary). Be sure to use "UDF" Universal Disk Format so DVD will play on your standalone DVD player.

Almost identical to how I do it except I use Disco. More than that, though, many current DVD players can play ISO-9660 discs, so UDF isn't always necessary.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
You might try to compress with something else first then do a simple data burn with just about anything, even Finder.

After compression, whether you burn full disk or feature only, the burn process is still just a straight forward data burn and can be done in Finder if it is unprotected content.

When I get to the burning step I just use the Finder. I have Toast but burning a video_ts folder is really just a straight forward data burn that doesn't require special burning software. For this step, the only thing Toast can do for me more than Finder is skip the verification step, which I like to verify everything anyway. (I know, but it's an anal thing I guess) I have not had any issues burning single layer or dual layer disks in Finder. I used to burn a lot of DL disks but since I don't have a 200" widescreen TV I now compress everything to fit on single layer disks to save money and they look fine on thirty something inch TV's.

popnyc

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
If I want to compress a video_ts folder to a low resolution quicktime movie that I can transfer electronically to someone, should I follow the same steps?

lestat138

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2008
Compressing a Video_TS folder to under 3.9 megs

Is there anything like DVD2OneX out there that does the same thing that does not cost $60? I think $60 is pretty steep, especially for a program I only use once in a while.

E-mail me Lestat138@aol.com

Thanks
All Info is Appreciated

BTW Disco does not convert Video_TS files to fit to a reg DVD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.