Virus or Bug help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mckey, Jan 10, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Help was on another forum and was reading some viewer comments and clicked on a link I thought was related to the story and got pop screen. I don't exactly recall but I thought I said if you want to close this webpage and be redirected back to the original website and I clicked on it and now I can't close safari or restart my computer.I get this annoying pop up that says "This application canceled restart" any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.........

Tried to post a screen shot but wouldn't allow it any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

justperry

Just hold the Power button for 5 seconds, it will force shutdown, then push again to startup again.

And, it is not a virus, there are no known viruses for Mac OS X.

Mac Virus/Malware FAQ - Mac Guides

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks justperry that did the trick I was able to shut down my mac mini and the quit safari option isn't greyed out now at least. Here's the other annoying screen shot pop up that caused all my problems #&&%%*##

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 603

justperry

Can you resize your screenshot please, it's 3.5 MB and I am on a limited capped internet connection.

You can also make just a screenshot of the small pop up window by pressing Command-4 and then hit the spacebar, then click the window.

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Here you go:
    Screen Shot 2013-01-10 at 11.13.00 PM.png

6. macrumors 603

justperry