Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
You're kidding right? That's the possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

"Yeah, got gangrene, my leg's rotting away and it hurts like hell but that ain't no problem for me and I am used to it."

I'm done with this thread, you're either a troll or just plain dumb. Either way, I wish you well and I hope to never see you round here again.

It aint as bad as you stated here. I don't restart windows xp as many times as you stated here, so comparing it with "Yeah, got gangrene, my leg's rotting away and it hurts like hell but that ain't no problem for me and I am used to it." is funny.

I think theres something wrong with you

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I feel pain for my young brother who has a very slow computer and takes a long time to restart.

Man he must feel pain.

But I asked him if it hurts and if he is being nervous while it restarts

And he said belive it or not

no iam used to it, you got a better computer if we would change the computers i know you would feel pain and throw the computer out of the window because you are not used to it being so slow!!!

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
That whole making 4 posts in a row thing is frowned upon here.

I've used Vista. It ain't great. Go download it, the beta is still out there. Your reasons for not doing so don't make any sense. Worst that happens is it doesn't work, but since they're about to release the real version soon, doubt it's going to be much different. You can boot it to test it out, and as you've said, you'll keep a small portion of your drive with the Mac stuff on it. When Leopard is released, you can go from there. Or if it sucks, just delete it and install XP to dual boot into. If you're wanting your games and programs to work, just use XP. You can add Vista themes and it does almost everything Vista does. Aero is nothing to get excited about. If you like transparencies so much, use programs like Windowshade.

I'm just saying, to most of us it seems weird that you seem to be in love with something you've never used and refuse to even try. It's out there. Go try it. You like it, great, enjoy. You don't, you're no worse for the wear. You don't like OS X, why'd you get a Mac? :confused:

Lots of questions, none of this makes sense.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
That whole making 4 posts in a row thing is frowned upon here.

I've used Vista. It ain't great. Go download it, the beta is still out there. Your reasons for not doing so don't make any sense.

I want the RTM because of two things, first no updates for vista beta and rc when RTM comes out, second I am convinced i will love vista because vista isn't going to be worse than xp (i am sure) and xp was alright beside the ugly look and most importantly why I want RTM = bug fixes

When Leopard is released, you can go from there. Or if it sucks, just delete it and install XP to dual boot into

Yeah I will definately check out Leopard but hope it wont be just a slight upgrade to Tiger, a new UI like Vista has would be nice. Maybe I will put it on a external hard drive to test it when it will come out or if it will blow me away with the look and features and I will get tired of vista I will just reformat the disk. (like I said I have no problem with that).

Right now I will have Vista as the only OS i will use. OSX just for firmware updates and in case leopard suprises me change it all again.

If you're wanting your games and programs to work, just use XP. You can add Vista themes and it does almost everything Vista does. Aero is nothing to get excited about. If you like transparencies so much, use programs like Windowshade.

I don't like those things I want the real thing its not just AERO its the whole thing I like about Vista but AERO is the most important thing.

I had a Vista transformation pack a year ago on my pc it sucked

I'm just saying, to most of us it seems weird that you seem to be in love with something you've never used and refuse to even try. It's out there. Go try it.

I just found a Vista RTM torrent now I just need to wait until tuesday to get my broadband speed back again and I will install Vista. I cant sleep at night because of Vista, the waiting to Tuesday will kill me

You don't like OS X, why'd you get a Mac? :confused:

Read some post earlier. I hated Xps look. Switched to OSX all happy and loving Mac OSX Tiger. Then Vista comes out next and I am in love with Vista.

And I dont regret because I can have two OS on my mac

Looks like I like new things. I dont know

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
I think theres something wrong with you
No, Chundles simply has a sense of humor.
I feel pain for my young brother who has a very slow computer and takes a long time to restart.

Man he must feel pain.

But I asked him if it hurts and if he is being nervous while it restarts

And he said belive it or not

no iam used to it, you got a better computer if we would change the computers i know you would feel pain and throw the computer out of the window because you are not used to it being so slow!!!
????:confused:

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I had a Vista transformation pack a year ago on my pc it sucked

Pretty much what the real thing is like, plus a lot of really annoying stuff that makes it seem like it's more secure when it really isn't. They got rid of most of the good stuff like the new file system, and replaced it with "pretty" colors and fancy looking stuff that doesn't do anything but suck up CPU and GPU cycles, while eating through memory. If you don't like Windowshade (have you even tried it on your Mac?), have you tried any other transparency software? That's pretty much what it looks like, but worse.

Seriously, try it first. Here's hoping you have a lot of RAM and a good GPU. And a lot of patience.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
No, Chundles simply has a sense of humor.

????:confused:

My young brother got used to the slow computer

I and my young brother got used to restarting

I am not used to a slow computer and it would go on my nerves to have one

Chundles I guess doesn't use windows and isn't used to restarting (but I dont know, i thing he just said it coz I am going on his nerves) and beside that OSX restarts to after a system update, windows just has more system (security) updates, but it doesnt hurt as hell, does it?

And restarts after installing apps but OSX too i found out after installing or updating quicktime.
So I dont know why compare it to "hurts as hell"

You get it now? (Maybe its my bad english)

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Pretty much what the real thing is like, plus a lot of really annoying stuff that makes it seem like it's more secure when it really isn't. They got rid of most of the good stuff like the new file system, and replaced it with "pretty" colors and fancy looking stuff that doesn't do anything but suck up CPU and GPU cycles, while eating through memory. If you don't like Windowshade (have you even tried it on your Mac?), have you tried any other transparency software? That's pretty much what it looks like, but worse.

Seriously, try it first. Here's hoping you have a lot of RAM and a good GPU. And a lot of patience.

You might be right good point,

But the transformation pack sucked because it messed up my system files and the glass thing was looking so bad and everything was transparent and the icons where so big and all looking the same.

Didn't try any transformation software after the bad experience with the transformation pack

It might be because I had a really slow computer (laptop) 250 ram system, 32 ram gpu, and 1.5 ghz cpu

They say vista is different on every system it depends how good your system is

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
The same thing was before i switched to mac from my old laptop.

I was running windows and looking at pictures and reading about macs and mac OSX. And I got in love with the Imac Core duo which I finally bought after looking at it and reading about it for a month (money was the problem). I was having problems falling asleep because of the Imac as I am having now with Vista.

I was sure at the time (as I am now for Vista) that mac osx must be a good OS and worth switching to it. And it didnt disapoint me, it was all I thought it was.

My first Imac was actually an Intel 2.0 Core duo. And after 3 months the Core 2 Duo Imac came out and at moment I loved my Imac less. I know it was wrong starting to love my Imac every day less because the difference was just in the CPU being 64 bit and little faster. But I couldnt help myself I just felt that way. And luckily which was a big suprise to me the Core 2 Duo cost less than the Core duo and put it right away on an auction site and sold it and got the Core 2 Duo and everything was good until

I started looking and reading more about vista and when I saw Office 2007 my first thought was Vista will be my primary OS until Leopard comes out and the apps I use are going to be universal.

The reason was productivity in Office 2007 (i will get the RTM also)will run natively on Vista and are compatible already, playing with the new operating system and games and working on it will be a joy. And AERO of course

And I also read some days ago somebody here in the forums had a thread something like "I am in love with Vista what should I do". So I am not the only one I guess who loves Vista and he was actually using it

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
It might be because I had a really slow computer (laptop) 250 ram system, 32 ram gpu, and 1.5 ghz cpu

They say vista is different on every system it depends how good your system is

Thats one of the problems with Windows - each new version requires new hardware to run it.

Before I had that iMac G5 in my signature I used my 3 year old eMac G4 700 MHz with 32 MB video card and it ran Tiger as fast as it was running Panther before it, sometimes even faster. Tiger definately ran faster on it than Jaguar that was before Panther. The only drawback my eMac had in Tiger is that it's videocard did not support Core Image, but it was not a big deal.

And restarts after installing apps but OSX too i found out after installing or updating quicktime.

The only app that required a restart after installation I met was QuickTime, but that just because QT is built deaply into the OS, in OSX all multimedia is handled by QT, so updating it required a restart.

I said if I will like it I will buy it just because the beautiful packaging

Seems like you have a lot of spare money if you want to buy licenced Windows for $400 because of beautiful packaging.

and I am afraid microsoft would disable aero if they would know I have a pirated version.

Hahaa! Nonsense! How on earth would they? :D Its like saying that Toyota will strip the paint of the car they sell to you, if they find out that you illegally used your previous car! :D

Anyway, isn't RC2 the same as the RTM build? So download it already. Sheesh.

Agree

I'm done with this thread, you're either a troll or just plain dumb. Either way, I wish you well and I hope to never see you round here again.

Totally agree with you :mad: Tony Gambino, you're either a 10 year old with rich parents, or very dumb

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Thats one of the problems with Windows - each new version requires new hardware to run it.

Before I had that iMac G5 in my signature I used my 3 year old eMac G4 700 MHz with 32 MB video card and it ran Tiger as fast as it was running Panther before it, sometimes even faster. Tiger definately ran faster on it than Jaguar that was before Panther. The only drawback my eMac had in Tiger is that it's videocard did not support Core Image, but it was not a big deal.

I guess because there is a big difference between aqua and AERO. To me AERO looks nicer and looks like it needs better hardware to run it.

Yeah somehow it sucks to buy a new gpu in my case a new Imac (no gpu upgradebility) or whatever if I would want my gpu to take advantage of direct x 10 and my computer was bought in september 2006. But better to have this option than no direct x10

The only app that required a restart after installation I met was QuickTime, but that just because QT is built deaply into the OS, in OSX all multimedia is handled by QT, so updating it required a restart.

I want even talk about restarting anymore because I think its a joke - and even comparing it to "it hurts like hell" is crazy

Seems like you have a lot of spare money if you want to buy licenced Windows for $400 because of beautiful packaging.

No I dont have, in fact I got zero right now. I guess I have a problem that I want everything new and I like good design to much

Hahaa! Nonsense! How on earth would they? :D Its like saying that Toyota will strip the paint of the car they sell to you, if they find out that you illegally used your previous car! :D

You dont know to much about Vista, huh? Vista will "phone home" many times and check if your version is legal and if it isnt it will give you a crippled version of vista (no Aero, randomly locking you out of the system and so on ...). Go and google about it and you will see its true.

It aint the same. And you can say what you want about it!!! I wonder why they didnt release RC2 as the final build then? Or why did they build another build after 5840 which should be the RTM Version but was delayed? Doesnt make sense!

Totally agree with you :mad: Tony Gambino, you're either a 10 year old with rich parents, or very dumb

Wrong again!

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Sounds like you dont want to listen.

Well, anyway, too bad I've wasted time reading throught this pointless thread. I'm not forcing you to do anything, just giving some advice. Obviously, you're really stubborn.

Do what you want then, I'm off :)

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
To what should I listen?

1 point about hardware? It doesnt efect me I got a new C2D Imac. It will run Vsta good. DX10 is the only thing I wont be able to take advantage off as anybody else because there arent any GPUs that take advantage off it.

2 point is a joke about restarting I dont wanna hear anything about it anymore.

3 point is where you were wrong about vistas protection against piracy.

4 point you could be right 400$ is a lot and I dont have any cash, but I want a legit copy to not worry about AERO to get disabled and random lockouts of the system. So if I will like vista I will have to buy it no other choice

5 point you are wrong it definately aint the same I read a lot about vista. Its no big difference but there is one in bug fixes, stability, driver support and performance, I DONT WANT MY FIRST VISTA EXPERIENCE TO BE BAD.And if you read the whole thread you know I like the newest things so I cant help myself. And last thing I also said I will get my broadband speed on tuesday back so I need to wait anyway. It makes all perfect sence, doesn't it?

6 point I dont really care, do you also agree restarting hurts like hell?

Somebody should start a pole about it

Sorry for your wasted time

I wish you all the best

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
You want to run Vista, fine. Its you computer you can do what you damn well please on it.

Like she said, it's your computer and your money, and far be it from us to tell you what to do with your money. You just have an addiction for new technology which apparently none of us can persuade you from. When you buy Vista, you'll realize that it actually isn't new technology. The process of the OS going about its business is very much the same as XP and Windows 2000, with the taskbar, start menu, stuff in the registry, installation processes of programs, DLL's, and such. They only make you want to buy it because they made it look pretty, which it looks like the marketing department has done a good job on you because you're exactly the kind of person they want to take $400 from, the person with an addiction to new technology who buys it because it looks nice.

Honestly, we're just trying to keep you from being sucked in and suckered out of $400 just because we care like that. Would there be anyone replying to this thread if we didn't?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Hope they will give vista and office 2007 to msdn subscibers at this time and somebody put it on a torrent site for the rest of us who love vista.
Wow, it's scary that you want to pirate it so badly. I'm just an assistant technician at work and I got onto the Beta trials for Office 2007 and Windows Vista back in July. I didn't have to do anything illegal or questionable. I just gave them my work email and filled out their survey.

So this whole thread is obviously a troll or a joke or both, right? Anyway, isn't RC2 the same as the RTM build? So download it already. Sheesh.
I believe that Build 6000 just after the first RC2 release was chosen as the final candidate.

Like she said, it's your computer and your money, and far be it from us to tell you what to do with your money. You just have an addiction for new technology which apparently none of us can persuade you from. When you buy Vista, you'll realize that it actually isn't new technology. The process of the OS going about its business is very much the same as XP and Windows 2000, with the taskbar, start menu, stuff in the registry, installation processes of programs, DLL's, and such. They only make you want to buy it because they made it look pretty, which it looks like the marketing department has done a good job on you because you're exactly the kind of person they want to take $400 from, the person with an addiction to new technology who buys it because it looks nice.
That's what still tires me about Windows. They've only slapped a new coat of paint but they haven't fixed the flawed backend. I've grown really tired of DLL's, the registry, and application installation in general.

Kolind

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Denmark
I've been running Vista RC1 on my PC pretty much since it came out - and in many ways I'm looking forward to going back to XP SP2 (scary really :rolleyes: ). Sure it looks a lot nicer than XP, but as a lot of other people mentioned, there are plenty of ways to make XP look just as good (or even better IMO).

I find that I don't use any of the new "features" in Vista.
- The Windows Search which has been embedded in the start menu is as slow and impractical as the old search function, except you have to choose what you want to index (and the indexing takes a looong time, trust me!) Google desktop is still better.
- The exposé kinda gimmick? Never use it... alt+tab is way better (and an improvement over XP, but could have been even better).
- Sidebar with gadgets? First thing I turned off, but I guess some people might use it - but it's still far from the good looks of OS X
- Program compatability: I can't install Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%, and there is still no built in ability to mount images in Windows, some of the Adobe programs cause a bit of problems as well.
- Office 2007 beta 2TR runs a lot better under XP than Vista.
- Opening a website that uses java(script?) disables your beloved AERO and makes Vista run in standard look (can't remember the name) untill you close down that browser completely (not just that window/tab).

Apart from that, I think a lot of small glitches and problems have been fixed from RC1/2 to the final thing (I hope for MS at least), but it still does not justify spending any more on upgrading from XP, and definitely not the 400$ that the Ultimate version will cost. And to be honest - you don't want anything less than the Ultimate version...

Biggest (only?) reason to start using Vista is if you're a gamer and need DX10 - but then you need to spend another 400$ getting a graphics card running DX10 content.

When Vista gets to SP1, then maybe I'll consider it - since I can't get OS X on my PC.

But it seems as if you've got your mind set on it - so good luck and if I was you, I'd try to lower my expectations quite a bit.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Like she said, it's your computer and your money, and far be it from us to tell you what to do with your money. You just have an addiction for new technology which apparently none of us can persuade you from.

Thats the problem, I am addicted to new technology or a pc enthusiast.
When it comes to technology, computers or computer parts I want the newest but not the best it costs way to much. I was looking for a way to buy a Mac Pro but it was just to much and I still keep it real. If the Core 2 duo would cost more than the core duo Imac I wouldnt sell it and need some days to accept it to live with it.

But for software I always want the newest and the best. I never have an old version on my computer. (But I only buy software I will use), and it doesnt cost to much, exept some - like Vista. But for an OS I am prepared to pay big bucks, if its good, because you work with it every day.

When you buy Vista, you'll realize that it actually isn't new technology.

Thats my second problem. I have to see it for myself. Even if you would pay me I wouldnt take the money and install Vista. I couldnt sleep at night if I wouldnt check out the newest Windows OS.

The process of the OS going about its business is very much the same as XP and Windows 2000, with the taskbar, start menu, stuff in the registry, installation processes of programs, DLL's, and such

You are right, there is no big difference in how it works, just some new features. But I think Mac OSX is the same when it gets a new upgrade. Not too many changes. But I dont know for sure. I just read it somewhere that Mac OSX just always gets a slight upgrade.

They only make you want to buy it because they made it look pretty, which it looks like the marketing department has done a good job on you because you're exactly the kind of person they want to take $400 from, the person with an addiction to new technology who buys it because it looks nice.

I still keep it real and if Vista sucks or is slow in performance it gets formated straight away and I wont think about Vista again. Thats why I want the RTM version to check out, because its the final version which will be shipped and I dont want a buggy beta or RC1 which is still in development, where I wont know how the version which will be shipped be like in stablity and performance and if its worth buying.

I think some people forgot vista was still in development (for the one who said its slow and so on) and had no good driver support (most in beta) and application support.

I think the only thing that can make me delete vista is if its slow in performance. Other than that I dont know what I wouldnt like about it. But I read they got something like superfetch and auto defragmentation to avoid the computer to be slow.

Honestly, we're just trying to keep you from being sucked in and suckered out of $400 just because we care like that. Would there be anyone replying to this thread if we didn't?

I belive thats just what you want and its nice.:) but like I stated above I have to check it out or I wont be able to sleep at night.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Wow, it's scary that you want to pirate it so badly. I'm just an assistant technician at work and I got onto the Beta trials for Office 2007 and Windows Vista back in July. I didn't have to do anything illegal or questionable. I just gave them my work email and filled out their survey.

I dont look at it like I will pirate, just check it out as a trial version, if its good keep it running until 30 january and then rush in the store and buy it.

Like I said in the previous post I wanted the RTM because its the final shipping version and will know for sure (except some drivers are still in beta and application support still not too good) what to expect from vista when it will be shipped.

I believe that Build 6000 just after the first RC2 release was chosen as the final candidate.

I think: RC2 5744 - pre RTM 5840 which had a bad bug (so the RTM was delayed) - RTM 6000 (Vista went Gold)

I read when RTM will come out (which already did) RC1 and RC2 wont get any updates any more. Thats one more thing why I want the RTM until 30 january if vista is any good.

I am downloading right now from yesterday and only got 200 MB from 2.49GB. Dial up is so slow - cant wait until tuesday 2am, when I get broadband speed back.

Here where I live you get broadand like you got dial up in the old days except you dont pay for time online, but data you used which really sucks and is very expensive and you even dont get an option for unlimited data use

That's what still tires me about Windows. They've only slapped a new coat of paint but they haven't fixed the flawed backend. I've grown really tired of DLL's, the registry, and application installation in general.

I just hate the registry. Sometimes when I couldnt delete an application where you get an error message when you try to delete it. I went into the registry to delete it from there and deleted one thing to much and my system didnt boot up again. And I had to reinstall windows and everything again.

Now you will sure ask why I even want to bother with windows again. I dont know it too, but in OSX after about using it for 3 months and installing boot camp for the first time and then going into windows and back to OSX there was just something I missed. I cant explain it but there is just something about windows I like and I dont know what it is. Maybe because I grew up with it and its hard to say goodbye to it.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I find that I don't use any of the new "features" in Vista.
- The Windows Search which has been embedded in the start menu is as slow and impractical as the old search function, except you have to choose what you want to index (and the indexing takes a looong time, trust me!) Google desktop is still better.
- The exposé kinda gimmick? Never use it... alt+tab is way better (and an improvement over XP, but could have been even better).
- Sidebar with gadgets? First thing I turned off, but I guess some people might use it - but it's still far from the good looks of OS X
- Program compatability: I can't install Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%, and there is still no built in ability to mount images in Windows, some of the Adobe programs cause a bit of problems as well.
- Office 2007 beta 2TR runs a lot better under XP than Vista.
- Opening a website that uses java(script?) disables your beloved AERO and makes Vista run in standard look (can't remember the name) untill you close down that browser completely (not just that window/tab).

I read about it its true, found a solution for the java problem and for driver and application compatibility I hope it will get better now every week since the RTM is out and developers will now get it and work on the driver and application support to make it all compatible until 30 january

Apart from that, I think a lot of small glitches and problems have been fixed from RC1/2 to the final thing (I hope for MS at least), but it still does not justify spending any more on upgrading from XP, and definitely not the 400$ that the Ultimate version will cost. And to be honest - you don't want anything less than the Ultimate version...

Yeah I am going for the ultimate if vista is good. And I wonder what the extras will be if you buy the ultimte which microsoft is working on it right now.

Biggest (only?) reason to start using Vista is if you're a gamer and need DX10 - but then you need to spend another 400$ getting a graphics card running DX10 content.

Yeah I saw some pictures of games using dirextx 10 and it looks amazing, love the lighting effect (or how you call that) it looks almost like real.

But I dont think to much right now about it because I cant upgrade my Imacs GPU

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
you could be right 400$ is a lot and I dont have any cash, but I want a legit copy to not worry about AERO to get disabled and random lockouts of the system.
Aero doesn't get disabled if you're using one of the RCs. It just won't run at all. Wait til your d/l finishes, try it out, then you can blow $400+. That's what our point is. You haven't even used it yet.

I DONT WANT MY FIRST VISTA EXPERIENCE TO BE BAD.
Then don't use it. :p Seriously though, what if your first experience was after blowing money you don't have? You wouldn't be very happy. Again, all we're saying. You're in love with something you've never used. I think you may have a problem if you're this excited over Aero. I say this as a technophile, it's not that big of a deal.

Try Windowshade for the Mac, enable transparencies. It's not like those transform things in Windows. I think it looks dumb, but you may like it, and it's not that expensive if you want to buy it.

Leopard is a lot better than has been shown. Be patient. Even though that seems to be hard for you.

But for an OS I am prepared to pay big bucks, if its good
It's not. You can't even use a lot of the pointless eye candy you think is so amazing because you don't have a computer that costs way more than your iMac did. Pardon us for making fun of you a little, but some of what you've said, as well as your reasoning and very odd attitude, doesn't really make a lot of sense to us.

I mean, I love Apple and their OS and all, but I don't love Apple. ;) Got me? Seriously.

Tony Gambino

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Aero doesn't get disabled if you're using one of the RCs. It just won't run at all. Wait til your d/l finishes, try it out, then you can blow $400+. That's what our point is. You haven't even used it yet.

I dont really understand what you mean.

What do you mean AERO doesnt run at all? No driver support? To old computer? or what?

You are wrong - I will wait until my download finishes, try it out -see if its good - and blow 400$ if it is

I know what your point is, but I have to try it out and see for myself.

If I would tell somebody that I didnt try out Vista because a mac guy told me,he would say how stupid I am.You all people could be right about Vista but I have and will check it out soon. You get it?

I just wanted to know something that has already been answered and thats it. This tread can be closed because its really becoming pointless and all you people dont need to worry about me spending 400 bucks for a **** OS-If it really is, I wont and I said it a 100 times. PERIOD - Thread Closed

Then don't use it. :p Seriously though, what if your first experience was after blowing money you don't have? You wouldn't be very happy

I dont get it again. I will check it out first for free and if I like it buy it.
I really dont understand. I never buy any software I havent tried out first. And I dont have the money yet

Again, all we're saying. You're in love with something you've never used. I think you may have a problem if you're this excited over Aero. I say this as a technophile, it's not that big of a deal.

Whats wrong with loving something I never used but saw a lot of screenshots and read about it a lot. And thats how I got in love with it. I think its normal and my next step is to try it out and if its as good as I thought it is (what you all are saying isnt) buy it.

I just have the feeling you all think there is something wrong with loving something you didnt use yet because you all mention it so many times.

Try Windowshade for the Mac, enable transparencies. It's not like those transform things in Windows. I think it looks dumb, but you may like it, and it's not that expensive if you want to buy it.

I dont lik those things. And Vista is not just about AERO, I already said that but the most important thing.

Leopard is a lot better than has been shown. Be patient. Even though that seems to be hard for you.

How do you know? are you saying this, even you never used it and dont know for sure:confused: . Now you sound like me about Vista loving it but never used it.:) :) :confused: :confused:
No wait you are even worse, you dont know it because nobody knows it and you never used it.

It's not. You can't even use a lot of the pointless eye candy you think is so amazing because you don't have a computer that costs way more than your iMac did.

I dont get it. Are you trying to say my C2D Imac is to slow for Vista? I run some test from ATI on their website, which checked my whole system not just the GPU and got from the criteria good, better, best -, almost best

Pardon us for making fun of you a little,

It doesnt matter because I dont understand it anyway.

I mean, I love Apple and their OS and all, but I don't love Apple. ;) Got me? Seriously.

I feel the same about Vista, and I know what you are trying to say even if it maybe doesnt look like

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Why is this guy so obsessed with vista???

Weird.....

Oh, and to the OP:

Viruses
Infections
Spyware
Trojans
Adware

:D :D :D

Winblows sucks, stick with OSX, it is 10000000000000000000000000000 better;)

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Porto, Portugal
I guess we're all missing the basic question:

Why did you buy a Mac to run Windows Vista??? :D
You could have bought a cheaper PC to run it. We are all entitled to our opinions and if they think Vista is good looking we gotta respect that, IMO a dark GUI is never good, I had several windows themes installed on my previous PC and noticed that dark GUI's like Vista tend to bore you after a while, I would always go back to the Classic interface, it's more hardware friendly and get's things done :) Now that I bought a Mac, I would never go back to that "ah jeez, control panel, install anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, ok, let's see, windows balloon informing me that I haven't got an antivirus, close that, another ballon saying that automatic updates are turned off and another ballon saying that my I have unused desktop shortcuts, WTF! like I don't know that!! etc etc etc.."

BTW - I have a friend that is currently using Vista RC2 and he still drools when he comes to my place and looks at OSX :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.