Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mplspilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
I have a Mini with regular 10.6 (non-server), I have set it up to run the built-in VPN server. I can connect to it no problem from my MBP and iPhone, remotely and on local wi-fi and use internet through it.
I also have an openvpn client (tunnelblick) on the same Mini, I use it to connect the Mini to a US VPN server, again no problem there.

Now, what I want to do is run the VPN client on mini to connect it to the US server. Then I want to VPN into Mini and use internet through it, while it's connected to its own VPN.

The issue is, when it's logged in to its own VPN, I can connect to it, but I do not get internet.
How does one go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance.

assembled

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2009
London
you will need to run NAT on the Mac Mini so that the traffic from your other devices appears to be from the Mac mini

Giuly

macrumors 68040
You know that a VPN does not reach theoretical bandwidth of your connection, right? So instead of i.e. 16MBit/s, you get 12MBit/s through the VPN. Now add another one and it makes it 8MBit/s.

What's the problem with configuring your iPhone and MacBook to use the US VPN directly? This is it's intention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.