Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I ordered my midrange Macbook today for the nice price of $1270 education. (Note: I sold my iMac Core Duo for $1,200 back in May. ;) )

Apple has been prompt with my 9:50 AM EDT order and has already charged me for it.

Now who else waited this this nice update to the MacBooks?

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
I am

though I am holding off on ordering it till Black Friday, partially because I am overseas but coming home for Christmas so I can't get it shipped to me directly and partially because last year Apple offered $101 off on Black Friday and I could combine it with my corporate discount(brings the price down to $1121+tax if they have the same setup as last year)

I guess I am dependent on Apple having the same sale again this year, but waiting shouldn't kill me. My powerbook has served me this long, it can go a little longer.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
though I am holding off on ordering it till Black Friday, partially because I am overseas but coming home for Christmas so I can't get it shipped to me directly and partially because last year Apple offered $101 off on Black Friday and I could combine it with my corporate discount(brings the price down to $1121+tax if they have the same setup as last year)

I guess I am dependent on Apple having the same sale but my powerbook has served me this long, it can go a little longer.
Now that's an idea but I do get an education discount. I think the extra few dollars I pay are worth it so I can get it ASAP.

I have family with corporate discounts. ;)

I'll be purchasing tomorrow all things working out.
Nice to see you got one too. :p

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
its tempting....but school costs way to much...I guess I will make my iMac last for 2 1/2 more years.....:(.....I guess that just means there will be some really really great stuff out by the time I can upgrade:):apple:

iViking

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2006
I'm going to get the base model and upgrade it to 4 GB ram and the Western Digital 320 GB HD, if I can find it in stock.

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
Just out of curiosity

how long does it usually take for resellers to stock a new model once Apple announces it?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
I'll be going for the base model, i know it has a combo drive but i can't justify the extra price for something that i don't use and if i do need to use it i can go to my iMac.
In that case, good call.
I'm giving in, I'm getting a BlackBook, any comments on the durability of the case to ease my nerves?

Trooperof3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
I'll be buying a MacBook before christmas, using the Education discount.

I wonder would I get an EXTRA discount on Black Friday from my Education Discount? The Cheaper the better.

T-Mac

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Tennessee
I'm not waiting any longer. As soon as Amazon has them in stock I'll order the mid-level white model.

Finally - I'm about to own a Mac!

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
I'll be buying a MacBook before christmas, using the Education discount.

I wonder would I get an EXTRA discount on Black Friday from my Education Discount? The Cheaper the better.

Last year they didn't allow combining edu discounts and the black friday discount. Whether or not the corporate discount combo was a mistake or not, I don't know, but there is no guarantee they will even offer a discount this year at all.

portuglish08

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Yayy!!!

:apple:I Finally got a macbook, I have now switched from my gateway to macbook! I was so suprised to get up today and see the update on the internet! I got ready and went right to the apple store! Now I'm just trying to get used to the macbook, it's quite easy! I'm loving it! :-D:apple:

mavherzog

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
Columbus, WI
On thursday, Nov 8th, I will be making a trip to the Apple store to see the new MacBooks (white and black) and the 15" MBP's side by side (by side). I will walk out of the store with which ever one makes me grin the widest. :D

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Looks like mine shipped yesterday afternoon. I'll more then likely get it on Tuesday but I hope for Monday since it's barely a state away. :eek:

KristenM

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Went to my local Apple store today and I am now the proud owner of my first MacBook :) Along with my 2 month old iMac, I have now become a complete Mac convert.
I got the 2.2Ghz one with 2Gb RAM.
It's gorgeous and I'm in love!!
Leopard came pre-installed, no drop in sadly, so I'll have to buy a copy for my iMac still. I only just set it up so I haven't played much but the one thing I can say is my internet connection has never been so fast! Pages are just instantly opening. I'm not quite sure why that is but I'm very happy about it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.