Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
New rMBP's in September or October is by far the most likely scenario. It would be silly to delay them even further, theres already been chassis leaks for crying out loud!

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Now would that be for the 13" model only I'm assuming?

Possibly because rumors are there will be no Kaby Lake GT4e parts (take this as a rumor because the info info appears to questionable based on some discussion on anandtech forums) if Skylake GT4e parts are giving them so many hassles. But we don't know if these Kaby parts are for low end workstations/laptops or not (which are easier to produce).

Edit: Almost a month out until late August when we should hopefully start seeing some invites for September events.

Last edited:

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Apple generally don't wait to tie in hardware releases to OS X releases; so Sierra is unlikely to be the reason for the delay.

knassar

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
the Cloud
Reactions: SJTrance

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Read the post about the photo commercials, and it just got me a little sad. It just seems that ever since Steve Jobs passed. Nobody really gives a hoot about Macintosh. Schiller is cool, and Federicki. But it's just so iPhone centric. It's sad. It really is tho, I mean this was the baby of Apple that really was the defining tool that helped Apple BUILD what today is Apple. Without the Mac and OS X there wouldn't be an Apple! Not even close...

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
Read the post about the photo commercials, and it just got me a little sad. It just seems that ever since Steve Jobs passed. Nobody really gives a hoot about Macintosh. Schiller is cool, and Federicki. But it's just so iPhone centric. It's sad. It really is tho, I mean this was the baby of Apple that really was the defining tool that helped Apple BUILD what today is Apple. Without the Mac and OS X there wouldn't be an Apple! Not even close...

Yet being completely Mac centric took Apple to the brink of bankruptcy.

The focus had to shift to be more focussed on consumer electronics. At the moment the iPhone accounts for around three quarters of Apples revenue, it's common sense for it to be a primary focus.

Frustrating to Mac users but that's the way it is.

frankgrimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2016

So much truth in this Steve just wouldn't release a product till it's absolutely ready and pleases the perfectionist in him. it's almost like MS 2.0 after Gates decided to let a bunch of suits run his company and now they seem to lack focus.

Apple needs to understand the difference between a smartphone , mobile device and the needs for real productivity.

Reactions: xmonkey

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Every time I check in there are about 75 more pages than the last time. Is there a current best guess re: the ETA of the next 15" (or bigger) MBP? Thanks.

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
The focus had to shift to be more focussed on consumer electronics. At the moment the iPhone accounts for around three quarters of Apples revenue, it's common sense for it to be a primary focus.

That really is no excuse. Apple are not some small company that have to balance growth vs stability. They don't have to concern themselves with worrying about taking people away from one area to work on another. They have insanely huge cash reserves, massive profits and a very loyal user base.

They are simply being cheap and taking advantage of that loyalty at this point. They make a profit on their Mac lineup so its not like they have no reason to maintain it. The fact that they haven't innovated or meaningfully changed the macbook pro machine in over 4 years is taking the biscuit. I love the design and form factor but bumping the specs a tiny bit every now and again whilst keeping it as low specced as they can get away with is rude. Charging insane amounts for "upgrades" at point of sale and making almost everything non user replaceable is again, not on.

Rob_2811

Suspended
Mar 18, 2016
United Kingdom
That really is no excuse. Apple are not some small company that have to balance growth vs stability. They don't have to concern themselves with worrying about taking people away from one area to work on another. They have insanely huge cash reserves, massive profits and a very loyal user base.

They are simply being cheap and taking advantage of that loyalty at this point. They make a profit on their Mac lineup so its not like they have no reason to maintain it. The fact that they haven't innovated or meaningfully changed the macbook pro machine in over 4 years is taking the biscuit. I love the design and form factor but bumping the specs a tiny bit every now and again whilst keeping it as low specced as they can get away with is rude. Charging insane amounts for "upgrades" at point of sale and making almost everything non user replaceable is again, not on.

It wasn't meant to be an excuse merely an explaination.

I agree several models in the Mac line up are in need of a refresh.

vatter69

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
Totally agree with upgrade prices. There is simply no reason to charge a premium of $200 to upgrade from 128 to 256gb Flash or the same amount for going from 8 to 16 GB of Ram.

For 200 you can buy a 1tb ssd or 32 gb good ram and thats talking retail prices. Im pretty sure Apple can negotiate much better prices with the manufactures directly.

There is only 1 reason to keep upgrade tiers and outdated Macs that high -> poor greed.

Even as a real Apple Fanboy i have a hard time convincing myself that this is right.

fabytmHD

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Romania
45 days till the end of back to school promotion ( 5th of september)
53 days till the Keynote (if it will be on the 13 of september)
73 days till sales (if they start on the 3rd of october)
I hope this is the case, I can wait 2 more months... Thanks for the encouragement I guess ;)

mjs402

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
45 days till the end of back to school promotion ( 5th of september)
53 days till the Keynote (if it will be on the 13 of september)
73 days till sales (if they start on the 3rd of october)

Did I miss something about September 13th?

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Yet being completely Mac centric took Apple to the brink of bankruptcy.

Frustrating to Mac users but that's the way it is.

Yeah but that's like saying: Now that we have product E, that took 3 TOOLS (B thru D), to make, we're done with products A thru D, so we'll just stop making them. But you can't because you STILL need B thru D to make product E. It's just really scary because they are trying to morph product F (iPad) into the tool that can create the new products of the future, so they can totally get rid of product B thru D. But the thing is that's Job's heart soul, the legacy was the iPhone, which raked the money in.

The thing that's lame is there are those at Apple, who just want to do things in whole NEW COOL DIFFERENT WAY, when there is a different philosophy of those who like TRIED AND TRUE and TESTED, and want to stick with them. It's just two different ways of thinking. It's lame...

My main argument is, as a tool the iOS is not a working machine, it's a freakin toy still. Don't even get me started. I mean they're like 12% of the way toward truly replacing the MAC...with iOS.

So a let's go, keep making (Mac)hines Please!

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Totally agree with upgrade prices. There is simply no reason to charge a premium of $200 to upgrade from 128 to 256gb Flash or the same amount for going from 8 to 16 GB of Ram.

For 200 you can buy a 1tb ssd or 32 gb good ram and thats talking retail prices. Im pretty sure Apple can negotiate much better prices with the manufactures directly.

There is only 1 reason to keep upgrade tiers and outdated Macs that high -> poor greed.

Even as a real Apple Fanboy i have a hard time convincing myself that this is right.

I need them to do something about this. No reason in hell...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 8.49.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 8.49.48 PM.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 247

purfledspruce

macrumors member
May 1, 2008
I need them to do something about this. No reason in hell...
There is a reason: lots of people pay those ridiculous prices. And until *you* stop this abusive relationship by buying a different computer, Apple will keep overcharging. They might drop the prices some with the next rev, but they will still overcharge, and you know it.

Reactions: Queen6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.