Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ergates-thi-Ant

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2013

Nice one mate, thanks! How high would you estimate the lip of the case rises above the iPhone screen?

----------

I/we **loved** the CandyShells we had on the iPad1s we had. In fact, that is all mine had been in until I traded it in with Target last November. It was scratched, but still in great shape on the edges and such.

So I bought myself a red one for my iPhone 4 last Christmas.... it sucks. The rubber is totally gone on the edges from going in and out of my pocket - i'm guessing the next tumble to the floor it will crack the screen, there is no lip left.

Which means I stood at BestBuy and talked myself out of another one...

Can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems with newer ones? I'm trying to convince myself it was because it was "old" and sitting around, therefore the rubber was icky or something.....

It could be a knock off too - I dunno, I'm just now leary. I loved it when I first got it.

I bought an Incipio at verizon to hold me over for the Spigen card case I ordered, but the Incipio is pretty but kinda really slippery. And hard to power off.

That looks like a knockoff to me, sorry. How do I know this? Because I too bought a knockoff, and could clearly see the difference when I bought a real one.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I got my very first Speck case for my new iPhone 6 this weekend. It's the candyshell version without the rubber grips. I'm really loving it. The case definitely makes the phone feel better in my hand and I don't fear dropping it as much. However, I discovered that the cover is a real pain to take off. I guess I just won't change cases that much but it's still annoying. Does anyone have any tips for taking the case off? With all the threads about people accidentally bending their iPhones, I don't want to be the moron that breaks their iPhone while taking off a case. lol.

Speck says to hold the case with the back toward you, put both thumbs on the little asterisk logo on the back, and use your fingertips to pull back on the lips of the case's sides while simultaneously pushing out on the asterisk. I've found (at least on my previous Candyshells--don't have one yet for my 6 Plus) that it's just as easy to put a thumb in the camera cutout and while pushing there, pull back gently on the lip of the case, so you're kind of popping it out. I usually get one corner loose and then slide a fingernail or finger inside that gap and work my way down the side until a whole side is loose. I hope that makes sense or you can picture what I'm talking about! :)

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I Picked this one up today at my local AT&T store. Black/Slate Grey Candy shell for my space grey iPhone 6.

Any chance you could post a pick of the bottom of the case? I heard there is no plastic around the charging port at the top, just rubber.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Speck says to hold the case with the back toward you, put both thumbs on the little asterisk logo on the back, and use your fingertips to pull back on the lips of the case's sides while simultaneously pushing out on the asterisk. I've found (at least on my previous Candyshells--don't have one yet for my 6 Plus) that it's just as easy to put a thumb in the camera cutout and while pushing there, pull back gently on the lip of the case, so you're kind of popping it out. I usually get one corner loose and then slide a fingernail or finger inside that gap and work my way down the side until a whole side is loose. I hope that makes sense or you can picture what I'm talking about! :)

That makes perfect sense! Thanks, I'll try that next time! For now, I'm just leaving it be.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I'm gonna wait for this from Best Buy - extra protection according to Speck site.

Attachments

• spk-a3265_mightyshell-for-newiphone4.7-lilacraisinsoot_3ql3qrightren_1.jpg
    spk-a3265_mightyshell-for-newiphone4.7-lilacraisinsoot_3ql3qrightren_1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 123

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Really would like to get a Candyshell grip for the 6 Plus but Speck keeps saying "soon". I don't get why Speck and other case makers have plenty of 6 cases out but nothing for the 6 Plus.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Really would like to get a Candyshell grip for the 6 Plus but Speck keeps saying "soon". I don't get why Speck and other case makers have plenty of 6 cases out but nothing for the 6 Plus.

May be due to the bend-gate issues. The candy shell grip is just a .mm or 2 thinner than the regular cases. Had the white/black for my IP5 and loved it.

pe93co

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I really want the Best Buy exclusive color of Candy Shell Grip.
When is it ever gonna come out?? I feel so hopeless checking their site and Best Buy's website everyday -.-

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
Weird, I added 2 to my cart earlier when I posted the link, so maybe they're getting ready!

No, we were all too slow. Per Speck's Twitter account: @willie_maykit not sure when they will be available in UK. some cases on US website now...stay tuned for local distributors.

The question they responded to was specifically about the plus model.

Thinking as more supply comes in the better our chances of getting an order in.

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
The speck candyshell and pixelHD have always been two of my favorites. Fantastic quality at their price point. Plus speck has always provided fantastic after sale service to me so i'll definitely grab a pixelHD case when they are out for the 6.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Hopefully since Speck was able to release a few of the 6 Plus cases for sale briefly yesterday it means that they will be readily available real soon. I have a $5 Best Buy coupon so hopefully they are in stock there real soon.

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
Hopefully since Speck was able to release a few of the 6 Plus cases for sale briefly yesterday it means that they will be readily available real soon. I have a $5 Best Buy coupon so hopefully they are in stock there real soon.

6Plus models are on BestBuy.com now as coming soon. Wasn't there last week I don't believe. Thinking they hit stores this week or next.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
WHY DOESNT SPECK HAVE ANY REGULAR CANDYSHELL COLORS FOR THE PLUS?!

Its really annoying. I've used a black candyshell for all my iphones and for some reason speck doesnt have one for the +, only the regular 6. :(

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
WHY DOESNT SPECK HAVE ANY REGULAR CANDYSHELL COLORS FOR THE PLUS?!

Its really annoying. I've used a black candyshell for all my iphones and for some reason speck doesnt have one for the +, only the regular 6. :(
I can only assume its due to the Plus being much bigger so the Grip makes more sense in this case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.