Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard. With SL, I could wake up the computer from sleep with just a jiggle of the mouse. Now with ML, I have to actually click the mouse to get the computer to wake. I don't like clicking on a black screen because I don't know what the mouse is actually pointing to and might be on something in the dock. Is there a way to restore wake up with just a mouse jiggle?
Thanks
Diane

bigg13st

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
London
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard. With SL, I could wake up the computer from sleep with just a jiggle of the mouse. Now with ML, I have to actually click the mouse to get the computer to wake. I don't like clicking on a black screen because I don't know what the mouse is actually pointing to and might be on something in the dock. Is there a way to restore wake up with just a mouse jiggle?
Thanks
Diane

I dont think that it is actual a 'used' click. just wakes. so no risk of it opening something...

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I dont think that it is actual a 'used' click. just wakes. so no risk of it opening something...

that's correct - the click just wakes the computer up.

I too miss the ability to wake my MBP up just by touching the trackpad (10.6 didn't even needed a click!)

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
that's correct - the click just wakes the computer up.

I too miss the ability to wake my MBP up just by touching the trackpad (10.6 didn't even needed a click!)
SIGH - I am missing soooo many things about SL!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.