Walk Dog With Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Yojiirill, Nov 23, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

I've decided that, as an early new year's resolution, I would walk my dogs by myself more often (normally, it's my brother that does it). And I was wondering: Is there anything that I can use to listen to my Ipod safely?

Keep in mind that I have two 100+ lb. golden retrievers, so I'd have to be REALLY careful, if it's possible at all. I just wanted to see if you had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

2. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Wow, that's two big dogs! I'd say get a sled with an iPod holder and let them pull you around town.

Anyway, there are tons of arm straps and belt straps you could use for your iPod. Check out iTrip.com, or Macworld.com, they have tons of reviews.

3. macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

4. macrumors G3

roadbloc

ipod shuffle's can go through a hell of a lot wear and tear.

5. macrumors 68000

aross99

Keep your iPod in your pocket (don't put anything else in there), and you should be fine. Just don't pull it out to change songs, etc, when you have the leash in your hands, and I would think you would be fine. Some of the iPods have controls on the headset for changing tracks, etc.

6. macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Do you mean if it's possible to walk the dogs and listen to your iPods?

You just connect the headphones, put the iPod in shuffle and stick it in your pocket. Not sure how the dogs make a difference, really - they're on leads, which you're holding... whether you've an iPod in your pocket and headphones on / in your ears makes no difference.

7. macrumors Core

miles01110

I seriously don't know why this is even a question. Can you walk your dog with your iPod? Yes. Just like you can walk normally and listen to your iPod.

8. macrumors demi-god

Get a shuffle.

It will clip on anywhere on your clothes, it's virtually indestructible, and even if you have a dog leash in each hand, you should still be able to use the buttons on the headset to control it.

9. macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Distilled, this thread asks the question:

'Can I walk and listen to music at the same time?'

It's a toughie! ;)

10. macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

LOL.. I was thinking the same thing. Wtf.

11. macrumors 6502a

three

I walk my dog with my iPod touch all the time. Just keep the iPod in your pocket and it should be fine.