Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paa3567

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Beautiful downtown Broomall
I recently purchased an IBook model M6497, and when I try to load the Verizon DSL software I get the message "Classic cannot find mac OS 9 system folder on the startup disk in use." It is a Mac OS X, 500 MHz G3. What should I do? Can I download OS 9 from Apple website, or do I need to purchase the software? Help!!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
paa3567 said:
I recently purchased an IBook model M6497, and when I try to load the Verizon DSL software I get the message "Classic cannot find mac OS 9 system folder on the startup disk in use." It is a Mac OS X, 500 MHz G3. What should I do? Can I download OS 9 from Apple website, or do I need to purchase the software? Help!!
In general you don't need their software, and the whole setup can be done via a web browser.

Is there anything specific you think you need it for?

B

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Verizon

Verizon's DSL software is garbage. You absolutely do not need it. Simply use the "Internet Setup Assistant" under the "Network" section of system prefs.

In general, I've never found any of the software supplied by broadband carriers to be good for anything other than sales pitches and them trying to get me to use their e-mail client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.