Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
Call me crazy, but I have a hankering for one. I wondered if anyone had a hockey puck mouse they would like to sell, in the colour sceme as this one (graphite):

mouse.JPG

Sorry if this is a spammy post, guys. eBay is a bit thin on them. My reasons for wanting one are sketchy, by the way.

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
Thanks, but I think the graphite will work better with Apple's whiteness. :p

Hi Steve. I used to use them in college and I miss a wheel mouse. I see their problems, but even so. I could never move them in a straight line!

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
On the topic though, there must be hundreds of people out there with a puck mouse that don't use it anymore!? Either don't use the iMac it came with or have since replaced it with a better (*gasp*) one?
C'mon peeps, help this guy out!

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
True. Had they moved onto Pro mice by the time the snow coloured crt imac came out? I wonder what they shipped with those later crt ones.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
I'd say a tenner for the mouse and a tenner for postage (air-mail?) should cover it.
Make it twenty nikker govner!
(£20 = $37.47) - Does this seem fair to you Wowser?

wowser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Inglaterra, Europa
It seem fair, but I'll snoop around for lower offers ;) The actual mice seem to go for around 5 quid. I'll bare your offer in mind, Kmacripple. Good point about seeing what people have on offer. I realise it's a bit of a chore though - like on eBay - to send parcels like this.

I was almost going to say 'swap you for Office 2004', then realised the Beth Din wouldn't be too happy with my copy.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
I have a puck mouse...It is the blue/aqua one from the iMac 233 MHz Rev. B
What a great machine...ahh the memories.. :)

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
I have a blueberry hockey puck from my iMac DV 400, but I still am using it on that computer over at the school. I got used to that mouse even though many could not. It was just weird because you had to get used to not being able to rest your hand on the mouse.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
James Philp said:
On the topic though, there must be hundreds of people out there with a puck mouse that don't use it anymore!?

I have maybe... 100 of them? Alas, they are owned by the school, and though replaced long ago with Opticals, giving them away is a no-no. Ah, but you are in luck. E-mail me with an address. Just happen to have a few here at home from my personal stock.
Free, dude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.