Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
Who is hyped for this game? Because I know I am!

YouTube: video

I've got my eye on it I thought it was some massive online only game but after seeing the in-game video released the other week I want to give it a go.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I don't see the appeal really. I guess I'm not finding it interesting walking/driving around hacking and beating people up...I got to see something more but right now all I'm seeing is GTA:2048.

Bless

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
I don't see the appeal really. I guess I'm not finding it interesting walking/driving around hacking and beating people up...I got to see something more but right now all I'm seeing is GTA:2048.

Bless

If this video doesn't do it for you, then maybe its not for you.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
It certainly looks interesting as a concept. I have to admit though, I don't really yet grasp how this will work as a full game, structure-wise. Is there a story to be told? Or just random "days in the city"?

Can't wait to see more of it!

Kurri

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
I'm with you, i dont fully grasp it yet. just walk around and do stuff? no real mission? dont you do that on a daily basis in real life already?

It looks beautiful and i cant wait to see more. I'm sure it will become more clear soon.

It certainly looks interesting as a concept. I have to admit though, I don't really yet grasp how this will work as a full game, structure-wise. Is there a story to be told? Or just random "days in the city"?

Can't wait to see more of it!

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
I feel like doing things in the city will lead to bigger and better things to do. Such as if you help save people maybe you'll become a sort of vigilante or vice versa. But I mean you're right. There isn't enough out there to know whats up with it yet and anything is just conjecture.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Might pick this up for the Wii U, can imagine it working really well with the touchscreen pad. Or maybe the PC. Either way it's on my "to watch" list.

RyanTheGeneral

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Does look really good.

Going to be one of my first purchases when I pick up ps4 upon release. Lost my ps3's when hurricane hit. So with FEMA money to replace our stuff going to pick up the 4 instead of a second ps3(1 for living room- 1 for bedroom)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I love open world games, so Watch Dogs, GTA V, Saints Row IV are the 3 games that I am looking forward to. The massive world, the amazing graphics that watch dogs and GTA V present is mind blowing.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I've been playing games for too long to be sold on this yet.

Sure, it looks amazing, but it will interesting to see how it translates to an actual game when it's released.

I've been stung too many times in the past to just blindly believe that what we see in these videos is what we'll get.

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
new trailer coming?

Surveillance Rpt #274789: Suspect Aiden Pearce was seen on Lake St. ctOS is pulling video, will be updated tomorrow.

BI-JfCDCMAI9nVF.jpg

https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Considering that the last (and first :eek:) sandbox game I've owned and heavily played was GTA, I'm quite hyped for this. But although it looks like they could implement the touchpad incredibly well into this game, I'd like to see it being able to get played completely off-screen, too as well. Not gonna happen, though..

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
The Dedsec Edition (available at select UK retailers)

image_300940_thumb_wide620.jpg

Physical content:

A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine
Steelbook
DedSec Collector box
Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
Original soundtrack of the game
Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
Set of 3 exclusive badges

The Vigilante Edition (available exclusively at Game in the UK and GameStop in Ireland)

image_300938_thumb_wide620.jpg

Physical content:

Vigilante Collector box
Aiden Pearce's cap
Aiden Pearce's mask
Original soundtrack of the game

The Uplay Exclusive Edition (available exclusively via the Uplay website)

image_300937_thumb_wide620.jpg

Physical content:

Exclusive Steelbook

The Special Edition (available exclusively at Game in the UK)

image_300939_thumb_wide620.jpg

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
I am confused whether to get this for my Wii u or hold out for the PS4 version.

PS4 every time - it's a next gen game and it will have some major drawbacks to work on current gen (360/PS3/Wii U). Any 'new' IP like this isn't going to be bought for my dated Xbox, it will be a definite purchase on my next gen console.

However, I am SO excited for it - haven't had a buzz for a game like this in years, ever since the teaser at E3 2012. Just hope Ubi don't release it half baked.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Ubisoft is a great Wii U developer - I see them doing some amazing things with the GamePad that the PS4 won't have - so Wii U all the way for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.