Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Well, yes, but you did watch it to the end. So I'd say its a success.

Touché. However, only watched till the end since I was curious as to what the guy would do. I watched it more for the stalker/d-bag/creeper guy than the watch. I'm not really sure this ad would do much to tempt people to buy it unless they're like the guy in the ad.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
Just bought three (one for each wrist and an extra) . Man that ad was convincing.

Well heading to the mountain for the holiday to film girls without them knowing and then show them my handy work ;)

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Well, yes, but you did watch it to the end. So I'd say its a success.

Do you really think this ad is going to convince people to buy their smart watch?

This ad is telling you that Samsung is for cool young people? More like Samsung is for creepy, Euro trash stackers.

This ad was terrible, and I'm not a Samsung hater. I liked their ads that mocked the people standing in lines for iPhones (and I can relate because I've been one of those guys). It actually pushed me to research and buy the GS4. I returned it but I never would have tried had it not been for that ad.

THAT was an effective ad. This ad was an amateurish waste of everyone's time.

Aika

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
Another cringe inducing ad from the company that wishes they were Apple.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
was quite funny...creepy though and not realistic.

----------

Another cringe inducing ad from the company that wishes they were Apple.

Why would they wish they were a company they are already better than? :D

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
These companies don't make the ads at all. They pay people to do it for them most of the time so it has no effect on the product being made.

Even if they did make them internally, it wouldn't be the same people who design the phones.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
OMG that was hideous... i didn't in my mouth, i VOMITTTTTTTTTTTTed like exorcist!!!

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
You know you're on a hardware geek forum when...

You know you're on a hardware geek forum when 34 posts go by and not one references the girl was hot. :cool:

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I liked this ad. It was nice to see Zoll all growed up an' hittin' on the chicks.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Samsung, running out of ideas when they're not making fun of Apple or copying them.

PollyK

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
OK, so if Samsung's ads are thought to be so horrible by many here for the most part, why do so many here attribute their success to all their ads. Hmmmm... Maybe it's because their devices are indeed that much better than the competition after all.

Mr D

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
OK, so if Samsung's ads are thought to be so horrible by many here for the most part, why do so many here attribute their success to all their ads. Hmmmm... Maybe it's because their devices are indeed that much better than the competition after all.

Nice way to try and sidetrack the discussion of the Ad in the OP. No one in their right mind can say that is, at the very least, terrible.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
Exactly. I can only think of two things here:

1. They are REALLY out of touch with their audience ... unlikely because some of their other ads have been great. The one with the guy saving a spot in line for his parents at an iPhone launch comes to mind.

2. They intentionally made the ad bad and not even in an obviously purposeful way ... because it leads to discussions like this.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
That was the greatest ad of all time! I want a Gear watch right now, because the ad shows I can get hot, Austrian snow boarders if I stalk them with this product. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.