Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I boot into multiple operating systems. Watch Unlock worked fine on my CMPro using OCLP for Monterey and Sonoma.
But now it stopped working in Monterey.

I tried the usual:
  • Open settings, privacy & security, general, and uncheck open with Apple watch.
  • Open Keychain Access, under the View menu make sure 'show hidden items' is enabled.
  • Search for 'auto unlock' select all the auto unlock entries, right click and delete them.
  • Search for 'autounlock' select all the autounlock entries, right click and delete them (some will instantly reappear).
  • Open settings, privacy & security, general - then make sure your apple watch is unlocked and your iphone is unlocked and both near the mac. Then check open with apple watch.
  • Open "Finder" and navigate to "~/Library/Sharing/AutoUnlock"
  • There should be two files "ltk.plist" and "pairing-records.plist"
  • Delete both files, reboot, and try
I also tried disabling Keychain sync before doinf this, then enabling it. No luck. Any other ideas?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Toggling iCloud login fixed it. I turned off iCloud, rebooted, and turned it back on.
Since the keychain was synced, all other systems had to enable the Watch. This was easiest on my Studio.
After that, it enabled on the first try on my CMPro with Monterey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.