Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zellsillusion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
I have a long car trip ahead of me and was wondering how my C2 MBP would hold up.

Can the battery get through a DVD? I usually get 3-4 hours of battery life with wifi and no bluetooth but I'm not sure how having the drive spinning the whole time will turn out. Anyone have experiences?

Also while its not a dirt road or anything its not a major highway. Will bumpyness hurt the dvd?

Fredou51

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I have a long car trip ahead of me and was wondering how my C2 MBP would hold up.

Can the battery get through a DVD? I usually get 3-4 hours of battery life with wifi and no bluetooth but I'm not sure how having the drive spinning the whole time will turn out. Anyone have experiences?

Also while its not a dirt road or anything its not a major highway. Will bumpyness hurt the dvd?

I am not sure about the C2D battery life but to get extra battery life, you could always rip the dvd before going on your trip and watch it from the hard drive.

Frederic

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
To get the most battery life:
- turn off wifi and bluetooth
- set the screen brightness to the lowest value that's still comfortable for watching the movie

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State

Where are you going to be driving? I do not want you to hit me head-on during the nude scenes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.