Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

februarian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Let's discuss any changes, bug fixes & improvements here.
Changes:
* Activation Lock functionality now available.
Bug Fixes:
* Bug where some third party app icons would not show has been fixed.
* Screen not turning on (under most instances with previous betas) when holding up wrist issue is fixed.
Improvements:
* Force Touch & tap functions provide much faster response than before.
* Moving around the watchOS is vastly stutter & lag free. Going to home screen & swiping to go back actions perform much faster.
* Several speed & performance improvements throughout the WatchOS.
* Screen colours are now optimal with greater saturation & contrast than before. Washed out look from beta 2 has been eliminated.

Known Issues:

* Battery life performance is still suboptimal for many users.
* Lag in phone connection after picking up call is still present.
* Apple Pay non-functional with this beta.
* Some users may encounter pairing issues with iOS 9 beta 3.

Last edited:

kyemaloy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2015
Havent been able to update yet, theres nothing showing up on my iPhones companion app yet :(

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
I've got to ask: how are performance & early glimpses of battery life?

I need to upgrade my watch soon for development, but have been putting it off for as long as I can. Now that B3 is out, it might be a good opportunity to upgrade and start testing IRL, but since there is no downgrade, I want to wait until I'm sure since I use these things daily.

thx9000

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
Herndon
So this is great...I installed IOS9 B3 after restart my watch was no longer paired. I d/l installed the only Watch OS2 profile I can find (Watch OS2 Beta 2), tried to pair my Watch, all good until verification of my AppleID at which point I'm told "Verification Failed - there was a problem connecting to the server". I don't have 2factor enabled on my ID. I've signed out and in to to my AppleID so many times I can navigate the settings pages without even looking at the screen. I've removed and re-added the Watch Profile over and over, any ideas?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Passcode entry screen has changed. Numeric buttons are squarer.

Just had a prompt that Activation Lock is enabled in this beta.

februarian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Guys try rebooting your iPhones, it should show up eventually. Btw, I'm seeing a day & night improvement in performance with this beta and performance was the only thing holding the watch from being great.

Syke23z

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2014
California
Guys try rebooting your iPhones, it should show up eventually. Btw, I'm seeing a day & night improvement in performance with this beta and performance was the only thing holding the watch from being great.
Rebooted several times for OTA. Will have to download Profile I guess when I am near my computer

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
If you are still on
Does anybody know if it's stable??? I'm trying to decide whether to download iOS 9 beta 3 and watchOS beta 3 or not.
1.0.1. Keep it that way! The unstable watch betas are totally not worth it if you ask me.

The iPhone 6 can be updated with no problems, thats working fine.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I installed beta 3 without needing to install a new profile. Installation proceeded without any issues and watch is up an running fine.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
If you are still on

1.0.1. Keep it that way! The unstable watch betas are totally not worth it if you ask me.

The iPhone 6 can be updated with no problems, thats working fine.

I don't understand what people mean by this. Apart from crap battery on Beta 1, I've had no issues with Watch OS 2 betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.