Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedrowerner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
Hello, I've been wondering if the WatchOS 3 beta updates are over since beta 6

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I just downloaded B8 yesterday.
Heh. WatchOS, not MacOS :)

Updates are posted here guys: https://developer.apple.com/news/

8 days to the Apple event - pretty sure they'll launch the GA code then (with or without watch 2) rather than the Mac event in October. Only reason we should get another one is if someone finds a big bug they need us to test before.

Reactions: ladytonya

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
Heh. WatchOS, not MacOS :)

Updates are posted here guys: https://developer.apple.com/news/

8 days to the Apple event - pretty sure they'll launch the GA code then (with or without watch 2) rather than the Mac event in October. Only reason we should get another one is if someone finds a big bug they need us to test before.

Oh D*mn! Sorry about that. Yes iOS Beta 8 no addition Watch OS beta.

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
Beta 6 has been super stable for me. No hiccups. WatchOS 3 rocks! I don't have much to complain about now. What will i do with my free time?!!

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
watchOS b6 seems solid for everything I've used it for so far. Battery life is solid. Only one spontaneous reset in the weeks that I've been using it and it was under a specific condition (I think I was force touching in Workout or some app).

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Seems done, and battery life is incredible. Hats off to the watchOS guys :)
I'm most impressed with the heart rate monitor. Again today, while golfing and swearing up a storm, I never lost the heart rate once. I checked many times and never had the "measuring" or blank. It was always working and adjusting as I walked or waited for my turn to hit. Battery burn is back to 10-11% per hour while running Workout/Other.

IMG_8253.PNG

paulove

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2014
I have only one issue on the latest beta, the microphone is dead. Siri does not hear me and Hey Siri is not working.

doerrmann

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm most impressed with the heart rate monitor. Again today, while golfing and swearing up a storm, I never lost the heart rate once. I checked many times and never had the "measuring" or blank. It was always working and adjusting as I walked or waited for my turn to hit. Battery burn is back to 10-11% per hour while running Workout/Other.

What app are you showing in your post? Thanks!

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
Im having a problem downloading watch update. Iphone I go to the beta page and download the profile for watch on my phone which is running ios10. It asks to reboot the watch and it does. Then I can't find anyway to actually update the watch. Am I missing something?

doerrmann

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Exercise Pulse.

Thanks!
[doublepost=1472660210][/doublepost]
Im having a problem downloading watch update. Iphone I go to the beta page and download the profile for watch on my phone which is running ios10. It asks to reboot the watch and it does. Then I can't find anyway to actually update the watch. Am I missing something?

You need to download the watchOS Beta Software Profile in addition to the iOS Beta Software Profile. The watchOS profile is not part of the public beta, and is available through the developer portal as the only official source. Unofficial sources may be available...

With both of these profiles on your AW and the latest iOS Beta installed on your iPhone, you can then check for software updates in the Watch app and you should see the Watch beta available.

paulove

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2014
How did you clean it?

I used a thin metal wire, and carefully scraped out whatever was blocking the microphone. I did not see anything, but it worked.

Be careful, there is a chance you can do break something.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
You really shouldn't be sticking any wires into the ports of your AW. You can easily puncture the membranes covering them (which contribute to AW's water resistance) or even damage the component behind it.

If you want to clean your microphone port, run the watch under slow pouring water and use a brush (similar to a toothbrush - something with soft bristles) to scrub back and forth across the surface of the port, with the water helping to clear any particulates you loosen from the port.

Don't use anything other than just water as well.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I workout hard and have showered with mine on over 500 times. Never had even a hint of sticky Digital Crown or impaired mic or speaker.

Some of us secrete molasses from our pores, obviously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.