Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeicaM8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
West Michigan
Does anyone know if there is an app which will give Spotlight the ability to say 'last seen on X drive' or if there's a stand alone app which will keep an index of what's on a disconnected drive?

I have like 5 external drives and keeping them plugged in continuously runs up the electric bill when I only need to go get a file from them a few times a week. I remember back in OS9 land encountering apps which allowed users to index data cd's and dvd's to find stuff after the discs were ejected. Is there anything similar here in 10.8 Land

The family accountant would love me all the more if I can make a dent in our electric bill!

Richard in Michigan

----------

BTW: I tried searching the forum, but even with a variety of search terms the results were a complete scattershot unrelated to my needs.
I also searched on MacUpdate (where I'm a member) but again the results were all over the map.
Google was even worse.
Any help much appreciated.
R in Mi.

LeicaM8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
West Michigan
Big thank you to you both.
I gave a look at those two Apps and I am going to give NeoFinder a whirl. DiscTracker looks like a wonderfully minimalist tool - which appeals to me in a lot of ways, but NeoFinder tracks the full exif iptc gps type info in media files. The ability to do that REALLY appeals to me as someone with tens of thousands of images & thousands of videos to manage.
Sincerely
Richard in Michigan
I tried to use that too, but the one I cannot remember looked a bit more fancy and not so lovely classical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.