Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
I have to force shutdown email every day or so and restart; it gets hung look with what appears to be checking and doesnt stop spinning. Had one lock up hard yesterday and had to restart holding both buttons down for like 30 seconds.

Looking forward to the update - works 99% of the day, just that 1% when I have to mess with it that is annoying.

Mine does this too since the 2.0 update. It is annoying.

bobbleheadbob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Massachusetts
The iPhone 2.0 software is such a step back from the prior version (1.4?) that it's not even funny. The new phone is great when it works, and the app store has so much potential, but all the instability, crashes, freezes, and lock-ups are driving me batty! :eek:

I'm confident that they will get it straightened out eventually, but in the meantime, I expect my frustration level to continue to rise. :mad: :(

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
It is amazing that we haven't seen a 2.0.1 by now. My guess is that we aren't going to (it would have happened by now)--they are intensely working on 2.1, so that looks like it will be the next update, sometime in Sep-Oct. After all, since the APIs are changing and Apps that work on 2.0 are incompatible with 2.1, why would Apple continue to develop updates for the depreciated system? I assume, however, that 2.1 will contain a large number of bugfixes in addition to the new "pushy" features.

RumorHasIt....

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2008
Firmware 2.0 should be called Tenuousware -2.0!

This is the worst software I have ever used! Over the last three days, I have had to do a Restore 6 times. In the process, I have lost 4 movie rentals.

When I press on an app, it opens it and then goes back to the home screen.

When I try to update an app, it takes over an hour. All the while running down my battery.

Many times per day, because of constant crashes, I have to reset my phone. With 1 something firmware, I only reset once a month, or so.

On my about screen, it shows 0 songs and 0 movies and 103 photos. However, it says I have only 1.4gb available. Those are some high resolution photos!

Apple has over $20 billion in reserve. Use some of that to improve qc and hire better programmers.

madlymocha

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Because I had a Windows Mobile smartphone for a year and in all that time it probably crashed about twice. My iPhone 3G crashed twice in the first evening I had it.

Wow...Before my iPhone I had my blackjack since Dec 2006 and AT LEASE once a week I had to reboot or remove my battery for a reset because he os crashed. I updated to windows mobile 6.0 in Feb 08 and only had more problems. I can honestly say that if I had not had so many issues with WM I would have kept my BJ. I haven't had that many problems with my iPhone except for lagging and crashing when the apps update. I say this to point out that everyone's experience is different.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
2.0 has been the most buggy version to date. I try to delete apps, then iphone crashes I reboot, the apps come back. Endless cycle of **** really. The only way to properly delete is through itunes which is lame because with hours of backing up and syncing. I barely ever want to sync my phone anymore. During this cycle I cannot access settings or anything else really. The other day I got a phone call and the screen failed to respond forcing me to miss a call. SMS is becoming more of a nuisance than its worth.

Honestly if I could revert back to my jailbroken 1.1.4, I would. It is truly sad when my jailbroken phone was more stable. I had some great apps via Installer too like XM radio and Video Recorder, what the hell. :mad:

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Honestly, I am so sick of people crying about how buggy it is. If you don't like it return it otherwise just stop posting the same complaints.

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
The forum is for helping others and for sharing experiences. The bugginess of the software is a real issue, and people are aloud to discuss it ad nauseum if they wish.

Suggestion: if u see another post about the 2.0 software, don't read the thread!!

Warped1

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2005
Wow...Before my iPhone I had my blackjack since Dec 2006 and AT LEASE once a week I had to reboot or remove my battery for a reset because he os crashed. I updated to windows mobile 6.0 in Feb 08 and only had more problems. I can honestly say that if I had not had so many issues with WM I would have kept my BJ. I haven't had that many problems with my iPhone except for lagging and crashing when the apps update. I say this to point out that everyone's experience is different.

My blackjack rarely needed to be rebooted. Maybe every couple months. I didn't do much on it other than phone calls and exchange sync. Push email and my battery lasted up to 3 days a charge.

My iphone on the other hand (3g) crashes every couple days. Bring on some fixes!

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
My blackjack rarely needed to be rebooted. Maybe every couple months. I didn't do much on it other than phone calls and exchange sync. Push email and my battery lasted up to 3 days a charge.

My iphone on the other hand (3g) crashes every couple days. Bring on some fixes!

My Blackjack usually could last 80% of 1 day. I constantly switched to the back-up battery. The iPhone, while hardly great battery life, is far superior and I do much more on it.

frotomerket

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
i havent had any problems with my iphone, i dono if i dont use my iphone as much or as extensively as other users, but i have not had any crashing or rebooting issues. i use aim, facebook, and some games on my iphone, and they work flawlessly. i am sure apple will fix most of the issues by the next software update.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I have both a 3G and a 1st Gen running 2.0 and the 1st Gen iPhone seems to have a lot less pronblems.... it has not crashed yet but the 3G crashes at least 2 a day.:confused:

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Honestly, I am so sick of people crying about how buggy it is. If you don't like it return it otherwise just stop posting the same complaints.

Honestly, Im sick of pointless people and fanboys with worthless entries on threads that they are obviously not interested about.

GO AWAY

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Honestly, Im sick of pointless people and fanboys with worthless entries on threads that they are obviously not interested about.

GO AWAY

I strongly second this. If not for expressing one's opinion and reading others', what exactly is a forum for?

Personally I like coming here and seeing I'm not the only one frustrated with the way 2.0 is killing my iphone's productivity.

I'm all for having a Super Sticky stating that if you disagree with the subject of a thread, go elsewhere. We really don't need people coming in and bashing people's opinions and gripes. Your "quit whining" and "get over it" comments are a waste of everybody's time.

Bitmap Frog

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
First time iPhone owner, disappointed with firmware quality. Laggy keyboard, laggy list scrolling and installable apps all end up unusable - they crash on startup. It's a terrific device but it needs some firmware patch pronto.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
First time iPhone owner, disappointed with firmware quality. Laggy keyboard, laggy list scrolling and installable apps all end up unusable - they crash on startup. It's a terrific device but it needs some firmware patch pronto.

I can almost guarantee that if it gets back to anywhere near as smooth as it was pre-2.0, you're not going to be disappointed.

darkavenger508

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
I loved my first phone. I jailbroke it, and never once had to restore. I find it funny that the installer for jailbreaking was much more stable than the one released by apple. If they can do it, why can't apple.

(BTW i've restored 4 times now on 3g, 0 times on og)

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
I can see Apple is more a little more advanced than Microsoft on one thing - on Microsoft you have to hold Control-Alt-Delete to reset. On the Iphone you have to hit Sleep/Home to reset!!!! :)

Seriously, a couple of complaints I haven't seen anyone mention that REALLY annoys me is that when using Safari it crashes for no appearent reason and sometimes it will comeback to where you were and sometimes not.

Another Safari complaint I have is when you click a link and a new page comes up and when you are done you close that window, it brings the closed window up in the previous Window without allow you to go back to where the original link was listed.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
The thing that is killing the experience for me is the interface lag.

-Address Book click 'K' 3 seconds later I have access to people with names beginning 'K'.

-Receive text. Great! Let me wait 9 seconds for the text to be displayed :?

-Turn iPhone for landscape and I visually see the browser turning pixel-by-pixel I can SEE 6-10 steps into that view. This is not the animation I would expect from a device that has more graphics potential than the PSP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.