Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
According to a new report from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the deal may have been slowed by the unexpectedly weak demand for the iPhone 5c relative to the iPhone 5s among China Mobile customers. According to Kuo's survey numbers, interest in the iPhone 5c from China Mobile customers has fallen precipitously from earlier expectations while iPhone 5s interest has remained high, and that unexpected mix of customer preference may be leading China Mobile and Apple to a renegotiation of an agreement that was nearly settled.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to call out Mr. Ming-Chi Kuo out as the bull-sh-i-t artist he obviously is...

China Mobile to Officially Begin iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c Sales on January 17 - Mac Rumors

:p

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Guess the trend has shifted from buying a low cost phone to buying the premium phone and jailbreaking it to use the pirated app store.

Hard to satisfy a market where apps are expected for free.

Lerxt

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Kuo is right most of the time, some of you need to get over that fact. As for the 5c in China, I live in China and in my experience, working with hundreds of different people every month, my iPhone observations have been,
1/in the iPhone 4 era most people had iPhones.
2/ when the 5 came out, half of people had big screen Samsungs
3/ in the 5s era maybe 1 in 10 have iPhones, the rest have big screens
4/ I've never seen anyone with a 5c, ever.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Why do people struggle with the idea that 5c is not the blockbuster 5s and all other iphones are?

Because the 5C continues the trend of selling last year's phone for a lower price, like selling the 4S when the 5 came out, the ONLY difference is that they put the older tech in a new case.

Also, according to AT&T and Verizon the 5C outsells what the 4S did last year.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
I or any of my mates are yet to see a single 5c in use outside of an Apple store I genuinely haven't seen a single one.

I regularly walk past a huge Apple store in the UK and almost always the 5c desk is empty of customers.

Maybe Apple are insisting that they take the entire range and they don't want the 5c?

I see plenty on the Underground and on London Busses whilst commuting to work. Mostly, it seems to be young ladies who have them, no doubt they like the colours etc.

If you're not a tech geek, the 5C is 'ok'. Especially if it was a 'free' upgrade to an existing contract etc.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Because the 5C continues the trend of selling last year's phone for a lower price, like selling the 4S when the 5 came out, the ONLY difference is that they put the older tech in a new case.

Also, according to AT&T and Verizon the 5C outsells what the 4S did last year.

Exactly! So why do people get upset when someone says that older tech in a new case is not selling as much as new tech in a new case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.