Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Dont have any desire for a wearable. Ive never been a watch guy but wore one just to work years ago. Took it off immediately when i got home, now i dont wear one at all since i have my phone on me.

Glass..not sure why id want one and for $1500, its not even a question why. Even for half that price it isnt enticing.

They would have to have some big changes and do something that would make we want one. I have my phone on me and it doesnt everything and more a watch/gear does. I sure dont want to speak into it with everyone around listening. Im not a big fan of using voice commands.

SweetPeaRevenge

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
Coventry, RI
With all the commentary on the new AW Ultra, I was curious to dig through the old threads for a ”where are they now” moment. Back when the AW was first announced, there were a plethora of threads asking “who wants/needs this?”. It’s now 7/8 years later and look where we are….

Reactions: james2538 and ukms

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Under-rated for me - a real game changer for Siri dictation for my mum who doesnt need her phone about and great for me direct from the sea for getting my coffee without said phone....really do feel weird without it on that occasional morning charge...

I can see in a few gens maybe no need for that phone but it would require some old fashioned "apple magic" to sort out how that would work....either OLED contacts or something else.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.